A couple of things found (a Topsy, for example, “runs for 7 hours on a 12 volt 30 AH battery“):
- http://www.mark-ju.net/bike_ride/equipment/charger.htm charges stack of 6Vs
- For about the same weight as a generator setup, you could get a solar charger that works whether you
are pedaling or not. Batteries.com has one that weighs .28 pounds and will charge 4 AAs in “as
little as 12 hours of direct sun” and costs 20 bucks.
- http://geektechnique.org/projectlab/511 Bike-charger for iPod
- http://geektechnique.org/projectlab/236 previous hand crank version
Trad dynamo setup = easier initial setup but less reliable
- Bert Gilbert and his Eagle
This is not Bert Gilbert, the actor, wife-beater and adulterer (although possibly solely for the purposes of the decree nisi) who starred as ‘Arry Wilkins in the 1906 demonstration at the Hippodrome of the effects of The flood on London, of which was wrote:
Three hundred thousand gallons of water sweep away the bridges, pull down the
D says re controlling barrel organ valves using MIDI:
Do I want something like this? You bet:
More random interesting stuff
- Legislation re electric-aided bikes
An interesting post from Pascal. From the doc to which he links I learn
European legislation stipulates that only pedelecs “which are equipped with an auxiliary electric motor having a maximum continuous rated power of 0,25 kW, of which the output is progressively reduced and finally cut off as the vehicle reaches a speed of
- Sog = Singing Organ-Grinder
Acronym of constant sorrow.
- Baroja joke about unread readers
And don’t give me any of that “rereading” shite, you illiterate swine.