Rather off-topic, and of regional appeal:
- El Risitas, the new Hitler
Armando Ferreira’s “translation” has an Apple engineer discussing the new MacBook:
- Nikolaos Michaloliakos mistranslates Caesar
J tells me to take a longer look at the notorious clip featuring Mr Golden Dawn, which I confess I didn’t finish first time round, but which contains a nice “Veni, vidi, vici” moment:
- Caesar’s comment allegedly came after defeating the Greek ruler of Pontus (whose hazelnuts inspired our al-bóndigas). I don’t think Hitler said anything
- ¿Pero este a quién se ha follado?
Doing the rounds, and sent this way by Carlos Ferrero Martín. Comments on the post say the Spanish TV interpreter is working from the English interpreter rather than from the Fukushima spokesman’s Japanese, and he appears, shall we say, less than impressed by the quality of information on offer and forgets the microphone is on:
- Álvaro Domecq Alburejo Oloroso: Notes of Word ans hazelnuts.
A minor offence, this sherry puff:
Intense mahogany colour, clean-vibrant. Notes of Word ans hazelnuts. Dry yet rich. A lovely long nutty taste.
The website translation is also poor – something of a come-down for the family which produced Álvaro Domecq y Díez (Wikipedia surprisingly omits his war service), for whom getting things right, whatever he did, seems to have …