We’ve apparently got some gigs with the proto-outfit, so need to sort out some mobile voice amplification. The choice seems to be between
- Waistband voice amplifier + headset systems like those used by hoarse teachers, tour guides and aerobics teachers. They look a bit girly and my impression is that to get a decent one (like the WAP-7D) you need to spend at least a hundred quid and that you don’t get very much power (7W in this case).
- Megaphones with line-in from a headset. Megaphones are attention grabbing, noisy and cheap, and you often get a siren thrown in. So they’re cool, whatever happens to Obama‘s ratings. This guy uses one with a home made headset set-up for outside gigs, but (being pig ignorant about audio systems) I’m a bit concerned about whether the sound quality would be sufficient for singing as well as speaking. It’s also quite hard to find ones which don’t use press-to-talk pistol trigger grips.
Anyone know anything about this stuff? How much power would I actually need to cope with an outside crowd of say 100?
- Barrel organ braking
El fanclub del Nokia 100 soy yo, y su radiación es buena para ti.I am the Nokia 100 fanclub, and its radiation is good for you.[:nl]De fanclub van de Nokia 100 ben ik.El fanclub del Nokia 100 sóc jo, i la seva radiació és bona per a tu.
- He would an elegy compose / On maggots squeez’d out of his nose
Samuel Butler on a writer of doggerel.
- I know where your house lives, but sometimes the front door’s a struggle
Featuring Abel and Marguerite Chevalley and their Concise Oxford French Dictionary.
- Did the house that Jack built come from Spain?
Or, How to cook the old lady who swallowed a fly without stooping to cannibalism. Cumulative songs (and monstrous nested stuffing recipes) in Quixote and Estebanillo González, with the grossest video you’ll see today.