Since someone asked, here’s what I can remember. Walking time probably 2.5 hours. Your money back if you die of hunger or are eaten by wolves. Head to Roquetes more or less via Via Julia metro (couple of excellent bars in the pedestrian street leading up to it), walk to the top of the shantytown […]
- One less river to cross
The secrets of Erith Driving Test Centre.
- Barrel organ available for losing bettors on the Iowa caucuses
Exemplary punishments from the 1892 US presidential election.
- Will Kemp Morris-danced from London to Norwich
But unfortunately he probably won’t figure in the results of the Singing Organ-Grinder’s historical explorations into English popular song.
- On preparing an anthology of English-language nursery rhymes for a Pyrenean baby
Dead space is newish horror survival game set on board a stricken interstellar mining ship. You play an engineer fighting a polymorphic, viral infestation which turns humans into grotesque alien monsters. Reviewing it Seth Schiesel asks:
When did fear become fun?
I’ve been thinking about that a lot as I’ve played Dead Space, the new, delectably
- Bike battery chargers
A couple of things found (a Topsy, for example, “runs for 7 hours on a 12 volt 30 AH battery“):
- http://www.mark-ju.net/bike_ride/equipment/charger.htm charges stack of 6Vs
- For about the same weight as a generator setup, you could get a solar charger that works whether you
are pedaling or not. Batteries.com has one that weighs .28 pounds and will