- Carlos nominates Emilio Botín, who is spending €77 million on a cultural centre in Santander but hasn’t got €77 for someone to translate his bank’s ATM screens, never mind a lawyer to check that it has been done. Asked for comment, the department of equestrian psychology at
Glyndwr how the fuck do you get a circonflexe on top of a wGlendower University rapidly persuaded their institution that this was an ominous omen, and that all funds should be withdrawn, tutti sweety, from Santander’s separate, ring-fenced, UK entity. The power of fucked.
- MJN, she say, what about Rafa Nadal’s Facebook site. Alfonso el Idiota, he surmise, folksy Spanglish is an integral part of the brand, and the posts are actually written by a PR chappie on ten grand a month.
- EU interpreter kicked senseless by admin colleague during Commission charity footie match
The Schuman Trophy has been a fixture on the Commission’s calendar for 20 years, with teams from each department playing each other and raising money for children’s charities.
But this year’s event — held on May 21 and sponsored by the likes of Volvo and Belgian financial services firm Easyvest — ended in chaos
- English proficiency of the Spanish relative to other nations
La Información’s reporter says that this publication by Education First, a teaching multinational with an interest in making target clients nervous, shows that of the European countries examined, only the Russians and Turks had worse English skills than the Spanish. He then left to finish his primary school geography class, and so didn’t have time to wonder …
- I’m a spaceman
A vocal introduction to the bars of Mars and other rubbish.
- People, fucked translation is our opium, let’s smoke it while we can
Various posts here have been devoted to encouraging fucked translation from Spanish as a brand differentiator, where linguistic sloth and incompetence transmit a sensation of cultural authenticity and other stuff I’m afraid I can’t remember, and don’t particularly care to.
For I suspect that most of you care very little for all that crap, and send …