This is of course how all conductors operate, whatever their price and reputation:
I am still looking for a place to store the organ in downtown Barcelona, either ground floor or with a lift. If you or your company have somewhere, in return for appropriate acknowledgement, do get in touch.[:fr]This is of course how all conductors operate, whatever their price and reputation:
I am still looking for a place to store the organ in downtown Barcelona, either ground floor or with a lift. If you or your company have somewhere, in return for appropriate acknowledgement, do get in touch.
- The demon barber of Calais, a 17th century Sweeney Todd
I believe the current early chronology of versions containing all the basic motifs is as follows:
- Joseph Fouché was a politician and administrator, and the delightfully wicked creator under Bonaparte of something vaguely resembling the modern police service. According to PBS, he wrote in something called Archives of the police of a series of murders committed
- El gran problema de los pequeños órganos
Ayuda encontrarás en The Big Problem of Small Organs de Alan Kitley (h/t Transblawg), que cuenta como la mujer de E. Power Biggs le sopla su órgano. A ver si la RAE se anime a admitir este anglocabronismo, cuyo uso ya es generalizado.
Y no olvidemos los entendres dobles de Clarence Williams en el Organ Grinder Blues:
- Pig foot gypsy charm
A Roger Ekirch, At day’s close: night in times past: “suspending the heart of a bullock or pig over the hearth, preferably stuck with pins and thorns”. Barcelona’s inquisition records and other (later) sources also contain a desperate screech of (sometimes living) cats and a wide range of barnyard animals with pins stuck into them …
- Long time no see, but…
Organ‘s almost there:
And one’s mind is furtively wandering again through the world of cargo cycles. Recent sightings include a very impressive 4-wheeler from FietsXpress.nl in Den Haag:
Apparently it’s Berlin-built, but by whom?
Vrachtfiets.nl, a spin-off from the excellent technical university in Delft (I used to cycle there from Rijswijk every lunchtime for fried fish, …
- Magnificent French orgue de barbarie entertainer
He’s got a false arm, he’s a spoons virtuoso, he’s got a good hat, his monkey plays the violin. In short, a genius:
- He’s got a pole support and the organ strapped round his neck, like all the guys in Mexico DF. That’s fine, although I imagine it must cause back trouble, but I