This *preliminary* version of a very old favourite, ET Mensah’s Tea Samba, is for Mr Paul “Tea” Baker (diabolus.org) and for all of you who have followed and supported this project so far:
- Sorry, I couldn’t find a red tie.
- I’m shouting, not because I’m deaf, but because it’s *very* loud. This ditty leaves untouched the 2nd rank of melody bourdons, the counter and the octaves. I’d already been thinking about mobile vocal amplification:
- I know it’s out of tune, but I really wanted to get something out while the neighbours are still away.
Now I have to make a demo and sell it to people like this!
- Three classic Francophone tubes I’d never heard of
Boby Lapointe in Ta Katie t’as quitté, Petit Yodé and l’Enfant Siro in Premier jour à Paris, and Zao’s take on Ancien combattant.
- Barrel organ braking
El fanclub del Nokia 100 soy yo, y su radiación es buena para ti.I am the Nokia 100 fanclub, and its radiation is good for you.[:nl]De fanclub van de Nokia 100 ben ik.El fanclub del Nokia 100 sóc jo, i la seva radiació és bona per a tu.
- Nikolaos Michaloliakos mistranslates Caesar
J tells me to take a longer look at the notorious clip featuring Mr Golden Dawn, which I confess I didn’t finish first time round, but which contains a nice “Veni, vidi, vici” moment:
- Caesar’s comment allegedly came after defeating the Greek ruler of Pontus (whose hazelnuts inspired our al-bóndigas). I don’t think Hitler said
- More experiments from the organ-grinder’s workshop
Videos of arrangements of Machito’s Bananas and Valencia, and a preview of a song about doggies.