Pretty dull little piggies, actually, but I just wanted to mention a little script I’m working on. It will
- compile and classify data gathered previously on this blog,
- use it to identify probable translation mistakes prone to cause helpless laughter, as well as mere mistranscriptions of interesting words (female genital mutilation more widespread than previously thought, says Hillary Clitnon),
- take the highest-ranking relevant ghit for Spanish and Catalan domains,
- return it here accompanied by some apparently profound but utterly meaningless proverb,
- thus ensure that you will continue to consider me a fucking genius without my having to stir from the pub,
- make me an inflation-adjusted trillionaire in some reputable currency by the time I’m 346.
So that’s my summer sorted. Have a good one yourself.
- But is that acorn-fed Iberian black pig or shoe leather you’re chomping?
Christmas time is ham time. It’s also a time when, knowing that some of you may have had one or two bottles too many, some tapas bars and restaurants will flog you cheap ham as something rather better – cat for hare, as the Spanish say. In the run up to Christmas last year the …
- Sister Mary and the Bird
Translations from Welsh and Yiddish revealing ornithomancy amongst the 19th century north Welsh and Jewish Lithuanians.
- ¡Gracias y adiós!
Update includes the top 10 posts at time of closure.
- Project blog feed and site have changed address
The project blog feed on oreneta will be dying shortly, so please update to the feed of the official site. There’s a 301 redirect, but you may also wish to change bookmarks for the project blog to ElOrganillero.com. Now at some stage I need to fix the template!