roberto rob in Barcelona Metropolitan’s classifieds:
We offer the most reliable services of movings both within the town and outsidethe town,even outsside the country. we are experts in dismantling and mantling funitures, we are on duty 24 hrs and 7 days a week. just give us a trial,
I think mantle is a pretty nifty bit of back-formation, but I know there will be conservatives who will prefer to speculate, following the OED (access with a UK local library card), that the funitures will actually
- be concealed or obscured;
- be covered with a coating of ashes in order to shelter them from the weather;
- become covered with some other type of coating or scum;
- become frisky or rampant;
- start to embrace people in a friendly or affectionate manner.
- ¡Gracias y adiós!
Update includes the top 10 posts at time of closure.
- Baroja joke about unread readers
And don’t give me any of that “rereading” shite, you illiterate swine.
- Hotel chain adapting weather forecasts to client expectations on language basis?
Hotel Medium Confort on Travesera de Gracia, Barcelona has a little display device on the reception counter which tells you in several languages where you are, the time, and tomorrow’s weather. Last night the mixed Spanish/Catalan version was forecasting “soleado”, while the English version had it at “cloudy”. Predicted temperature and air pressure were identical. …
- Esta quer siñela de undibel
A selection of Spanish Romani religious video.
- Transvestite barrel organ dancers in 1930s Whitechapel and the 1860s London West End
With acrobats, clowns, and Doris and Thisbe, goddesses of wind.