roberto rob in Barcelona Metropolitan’s classifieds:
We offer the most reliable services of movings both within the town and outsidethe town,even outsside the country. we are experts in dismantling and mantling funitures, we are on duty 24 hrs and 7 days a week. just give us a trial,
I think mantle is a pretty nifty bit of back-formation, but I know there will be conservatives who will prefer to speculate, following the OED (access with a UK local library card), that the funitures will actually
- be concealed or obscured;
- be covered with a coating of ashes in order to shelter them from the weather;
- become covered with some other type of coating or scum;
- become frisky or rampant;
- start to embrace people in a friendly or affectionate manner.
- ¡Gracias y adiós!
Update includes the top 10 posts at time of closure.
- Hotel chain adapting weather forecasts to client expectations on language basis?
Hotel Medium Confort on Travesera de Gracia, Barcelona has a little display device on the reception counter which tells you in several languages where you are, the time, and tomorrow’s weather. Last night the mixed Spanish/Catalan version was forecasting “soleado”, while the English version had it at “cloudy”. Predicted temperature and air pressure were identical. …
- How to make your trip more confortable
“Confortable” is one of the mainstays of lousy Spanish-English translation, and Barcelona’s transport authority is happy to oblige:
If you know what you want to do and how to get there, get information on how to make your trip more confortable. TMB moves Barcelona and works everyday to give everybody a confortable, fast and environment-friendly service.
- More evidence that Barcelona Council doesn’t give a fuck about German
In order to get walkers down from the carpark exit from Park Güell a tourist superhighway is being constructed along what used to be a nostalgic dogshit alley. To enliven the concrete a Gaudí quote is repeated in languages starting with Arabic and ending with Catalan that “Everything comes from the great book of Nature.” …