“Year1a”, by mail:
Dear ladies and gentleman,
We are Fisheries Ltd. Company in kunming Yunnan China. We need import some fishmeal. If you have this products, please you contact with us.We expect that cooperation with you. Thanks!
Why would China need to import fishmeal? Is West African fish waste sourced through Spanish producers?
- A cowboy mouse: Hello you! let me out! and don’t catch me like a trout
Or (I think: no sound here):
The offending text in full:
What the heck is this house
for a manly cowboy mouse?
Hello you! let me
- Wurst is German for sausage
Wrust is a Spanish speciality and a Botswanan all-black metal band:
Did they intend to call themselves sausage? How strong is the residual regional influence of German South-West Africa, not to mention boerewors camp?
More namby-pamby posturing from Gaborone:
A very shy black friend once became the lead singer of a moderately good all-white
- Joan de Son Rapinya: English lesson no. 1
There’s a clever name for phonetic language parodies which I have forgotten because it’s hot and I have been undergoing ye notorious Spanish wine torture:
Shades of Maria Luisa Puche, the undisputed champion.
My favourite one actually makes more sense than the poésie concrète I wrote for a political campaign some years ago and
- Dutch words that sound obscene in English
- Cock/Kok: family name. Also kok: cook, coccus. Re David Cameron’s #piggate laddishness, British Labour MP Emily Thornberry has posted a pack of pickled smoked cut beef (not pork) marketed under a brand of Darwin Award-worthy stupidity, Cock’s Fresh. De Cock is the family name and the products are preserved, not fresh. If you tell a glowering
- Galician gastronomy for people with false teeth, cats and dogs: chack it out!
“Check them out” would be far too unenterprising for a region whose private-sector, while Catalonia was spending €150M of public money trying to turn Barcelona Airport into a global hub, quietly forged a privileged relationship with Colombian …