ten musicians performing, in 1892, in four different towns (Dudley, Wolverhampton, Stafford and Hanley) In other words the telephone not only allowed you to listen to distant events you could also practice with your friends… The performers were given light weight receivers that were attached to their heads by rubber bands. And ‘the results were surprisingly good.’
- The debasement of the European mind
A populist US senator meets an Italian organ-grinder in Rome in 1859.
- Mind over mutter: Céline on the challenges of speech production
Other doctor-novelists; why musicians can’t write.
- The titties of María Guevara
And other childish Venezuelan nature songs.
- Irregular rhythmic irregularity in southern German music
How to write pastiche inconsistent non-isochronous subdivision for mechanical organ. With metrical analysis of the notes inégales in a bit of the Furtwängler recording of Mozart’s Gran Partita.
- What musical or theatrical numbers would you like to see performed on a barrel organ?
Any suggestions deeply appreciated. Here’s the form, the results of which I won’t publish live in order to discourage Looby from submitting the complete works of Nam June Paik. Perusable results there will, however, be, soonish. This is the original–from an old band of mine–of one arrangment I did tonight, but obviously I’m hoping you’ll come …