What would the world have been like had the Lyle’s Golden Syrup tin borne a picture of the rotting carcass of some loins with a swarm of bees?
(Via a lovely guy who seems incredibly shy of the fact that he got it from Wikipedia.)
- Record label name not invented by a Dutch speaker
Of tumba, of Ben of that manor, of grunting, and of dynamiting fish.
- The Lord Mayor of London’s giantess
Both white and black men prohibited from ambulant advertising.
- Dangerously cool (interactive) synths
I was thinking about simple visual metaphors to communicate organ works, but digressed. Cue Nick’s World of Synthezisers. Favourite quote, from the slinkyfied Springatron: “I used the golden ratio to work out the lengths of the springs, this was to prevent resonances occurring at the same frequencies and at harmonically related frequencies.”
- Hanseatic legionaries, playing at Waterloo and at Punch and Judy
A Hamburg organ-grinder’s dad at Waterloo, and whatever happened to his son’s Drehorgellieder?
- Pin perils of open barrel organs
Royal Flash, and Flashman is romancing Lola Montez, Bismarck’s mistress: