Twitter’s death agony probably won’t continue for very long, so I’ve written a PHP script to parse their JSON output and post it here. I’ll improve presentation when I’ve got a mo.
- 2017-07-29 08:47 Wanna be a successful serial killer? Practise by trying to remove all traces of blackberry jam making
- 2017-07-29 06:58 Nice simple piece on where we are on Indian genetic ancestry will do nothing to mitigate Persian hubris http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/vedic-aryan-race-genetics-dna-europe-indians-europe-caspian/1/1012041.html
- 2017-07-29 06:39 Did the (Hollywood ) Romans do it?
- 2017-07-29 06:37 Battlefield soundscapes/aesthetics: missing the sound of riot police beating their shields. Guess it was banned, but feels wrong without
- 2017-07-28 15:30 Terrifying prospect https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine_of_Gower
- 2017-07-28 08:38 Amidst the shambles re Stan @ Life of Brian and transphobia, a Spaniard discovers the true meaning of Loretta http://cvc.cervantes.es/el_rinconete/anteriores/septiembre_13/10092013_01.htm
- 2017-07-28 08:11 Jamaican Pulcinella ("Remember wa your name: Punchinella"). I hoped the wire scammer would have a squeaky voice
- 2017-07-27 13:26 Playlist evoking 20th century wet-led pubs. Memory: putting Strangers in the Night x 10 on E'burgh pub jukebox & watching drinkers lose it https://twitter.com/BoakandBailey/status/890518962211098624
- 2017-07-27 09:50 Hackney Council's Wick Road improvement plan v2 redistributes traffic from rich street to poor one, kills waterway http://elorganillero.com/blog/2015/11/07/hackney-brook-restoration-scheme/
- 2017-07-27 05:09 Holding a bike outside a Chinese yesterday evening, small boy wheelies past: "Gimme your grips or I'll kill you innit" #HackneyCharm
- 2017-07-26 11:41 Green bits on tube platforms are confusing my sheep. Tried putting sunglasses on em but then they bring prosecco & alight at Hyde Park Crnr https://twitter.com/Transblawg/status/890149716591341574
- 2017-07-26 08:47 Best voice in radio is back, briefly: Old Codger with Courtney T. Edison http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/shows/73801
- 2017-07-26 08:45 @Transblawg We could have savings, pensions, & not wake up in the middle of the night shouting in a language more feared than comprehended by care nurse
- 2017-07-26 08:30 And now I discover that Pushkin may have had a Moorish great-grandfather https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abram_Petrovich_Gannibal
- 2017-07-26 08:29 @Transblawg But who, perhaps unfortunately, seduced me from my true calling of minor government clerk.
- 2017-07-26 08:28 @Transblawg Double figures, I think. V fortunate in 1st teacher - lovely man at top of his game (Sgt Pepper, Ldn orchs) who'd retired thru heart trouble
- 2017-07-26 07:15 I was an unqualified teacher, a long time ago. Not all pupils turned out bad - found this quite moving: http://ukvibe.org/interviews/2016-interviews/justin-thurgur/
- 2017-07-25 14:30 Brutal uprights
- 2017-07-25 06:18 Only time I suffer class envy is in Barcelona walking past gardens with lemon trees. Fortunately most owners don't care about the fruit https://twitter.com/SeshatDatabank/status/889726373237075968
- 2017-07-24 12:39 Would it be cruel to bury a mole alive?
- 2017-07-24 07:48 I also feel for him: I would struggle if I lived where he does.
- 2017-07-24 07:33 Cant couldn't: frabjous Hackney service charges case with links to Hampstead Satanic abuse https://nearlylegal.co.uk/2017/07/cant-pay/ https://hoaxteadresearch.wordpress.com/2016/09/13/breaking-lee-cant-arrested/
- 2017-07-23 19:22 Very few celebrity chef recipes that can't be fixed by the addition of two fried eggs and Rapture Trinidad Scorpion Pepper Hot Sauce
- 2017-07-23 08:40 Likely actual value of 25-year guarantee given now by plumber using typewriter? His will probably specifies that it accompany him to grave
- 2017-07-23 07:38 @lynneguist @Transblawg Apparently Jamaicans don't: http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20110628/lead/lead1.html
- 2017-07-23 07:30 BBC gender pay gap to be resolved by Gary Lineker declaring himself a woman under the new legislation.
- 2017-07-22 22:49 Ties into the Moors used in Pulcinella shows
- 2017-07-22 22:49 Uniform, photos, (Russian) great-granddaughter of Cape Verdean servant of the Tsars prior to the Revolution (in NL) http://www.uitzendinggemist.net/aflevering/12740/Passie_Voor_De_Hermitage.html
- 2017-07-22 16:57 The Olden Times, when everything sounds like Kurt Schwitters http://www.europeana.eu/portal/en/record/2059201/data_sounds_57685.html
- 2017-07-22 13:00 Deliciously dumb Chico Marx piano compilation
- 2017-07-22 12:53 Harpo's still my favourite, but this: Mel Tormé began his professional career singing with the Chico Marx Orchestra
- 2017-07-22 11:54 Is the new London designed for the enjoyment of people who travel in helicopters? https://www.jasonhawkes.com/London/London-Portfolio/1/caption
- 2017-07-22 11:08 El Mundo Today has found the key to writing all those difficult foreign names. https://twitter.com/elmundotoday/status/888684807043067905
- 2017-07-21 21:28 @SPAB1877 @BRE_Group etc state damp-proof courses mandated by Public Health Act 1875. Untrue: So whence the impetus? http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1875/55/pdfs/ukpga_18750055_en.pdf
- 2017-07-21 07:33 Curious to see mainland Britain becoming more like one's natal Ulster http://www.secularism.org.uk/blog/2017/07/the-pm-must-be-held-to-account-for-her-faith-school-obsession
- 2017-07-20 21:18 Slippery slope to small girls having beards: lemonade > shandy > craft beer https://twitter.com/standardnews/status/888081074571452417
- 2017-07-20 19:39 Es un desastre para la calle y para los ciudadanos que no tienen
- 2017-07-20 19:38 Si Ada Colau se tomara en serio el medio ambiente y la restricción del turismo en Barcelona, prohibiría el aire acondicionado
- 2017-07-20 13:41 New candidate for the vacant post of monkey
- 2017-07-17 23:39 Font Linyac, Montseny particularly Dutch Golden Age today: last drops of water from spring, myriad butterflies, rotting boar, keen-eyed jay
- 2017-07-17 23:05 So that's where Stravinsky nicked it from
- 2017-07-17 21:49 @Transblawg
- 2017-07-17 20:20 Critical reactions to the translation into Andalusian of Le Petit Prince (PDF) https://mega.nz/#!N8l3xJbR!YRw6X2QxzNw1hjZXKf0LAAuVIY5BGdV5Q3vyXjL7SSQ
- 2017-07-17 19:59 I know a man with 48 grandchildren. 70-yo Haredi, but still pretty impressive. 7*7
- 2017-07-16 21:58 They say George Romero (Night of the Living Dead) is no more, but who's going to fall for that?
- 2017-07-16 21:29 Barea Forja - splendid souvenir of how TV dramas were made 30 years ago http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/la-forja-de-un-rebelde/forja-rebelde-capitulo-1/4096378/
- 2017-07-16 10:41 Napoleon's bollocks
- 2017-07-15 20:35 Would you eat a (Spanish bar) sandwich if it arrived with a telephone number written on it in ketchup?
- 2017-07-15 07:47 RT @DebBeebuzz: @theJeremyVine @alistaircoleman This one by our house made me smile
- 2017-07-15 00:10 Marvellous piece about the death of Tim Marten's shop & by implication Denmark Street and East Soho. Cui bono? http://spitalfieldslife.com/2017/07/15/tim-marten-guitar-repairs/
- 2017-07-14 23:35 Theodor Holman evokes Zwarte Riek https://www.parool.nl/opinie/uit-het-oog-van-amsterdam-druppelt-een-traan~a4506274/
- 2017-07-14 23:32 OK, they didn't book me.
- 2017-07-14 23:28 Alternative fiestas in Barcelona: impression of unbelievable decline in artistic & technical quality. Partly generational, what else?
- 2017-07-14 09:16 Killer tunez
- 2017-07-13 22:47 Feeling a vague affection for baby mosquitos? Kill, kill, kill
- 2017-07-13 22:28 @Transblawg But is the Roding tidal as it passes the western neighbour of Doggingham?
- 2017-07-13 22:12 Romance was a train where, if you fell asleep, your Hansel & Gretel carriage might end in Moscow. I woke in Bentheim, and a loco returned me
- 2017-07-13 20:43 Das toch een erg mooi filmpie
- 2017-07-13 17:21 Iceberg size relative to geographical entities familiar to Germans https://twitter.com/isoglosse/status/885150923177287682
- 2017-07-13 10:48 Heart-breaking http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/brexit-trading-slump-blamed-for-closure-of-gastropub-loved-by-nigella-lawson-a3586996.html
- 2017-07-13 10:06 More literature generated from uniformity by Google Translate http://eusa-riddled.blogspot.com.es/2017/07/new-product-list-not-all-mud-related-we.html
- 2017-07-12 08:28 Passing teens enquire on the basis of colour & morphology whether raspberries are just unripe blackberries.
- 2017-07-12 08:11 Zwarte Pieten https://twitter.com/discarding_imgs/status/884873727195979777
- 2017-07-11 11:16 Petersburg Organ-Grinders defend Katie Price's decision to let kids eat mud. Translation finished, on the footnotes http://elorganillero.com/product/the-organ-grinders-of-st-petersburg-by-dmitry-grigorovich/?lang=en
- 2017-07-11 11:01 RT @Transblawg: 'Thank you Teacher' display in Waitrose - teachers are apparently alcoholics or chocoholics.
- 2017-07-11 10:10 Back for a few days to Barcelona, scene of initial crimes
- 2017-07-11 09:13 @Transblawg It seems that to find out about her I'd need to find out about Gordon Ramsay and television.
- 2017-07-11 08:09 CRISIS! Cash functionality on Lidl self-service tills broken. Folks don't think that Matthew Taylor's cashless economy will make them richer
- 2017-07-11 08:01 @Transblawg Two words: Ian Dury. And, perhaps, the guy who founded Georgia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_from_the_London_Borough_of_Havering
- 2017-07-11 07:51 @Transblawg His glottal stop has certainly developed along with his political career.
- 2017-07-11 07:44 @Transblawg It's about the quid pro quo: we'll stay if you make us London Borough of Culture. Never sure whether rhymes with slavering
- 2017-07-10 21:57 @Transblawg Have to look that one up. Losing the number 6? The Helvetians to become even more snooty?
- 2017-07-10 21:40 @Transblawg It's just weird that the Brits thought of Brexit before the rest of Europe did.
- 2017-07-10 19:00 I asked them whether the hand-down-pants thing was about guns or dicks. Turns out it's to counteract effects of gravity on baggy trousers
- 2017-07-10 18:57 2 young men with, as is customary, hand down front of pants watch me blackberrying in horror. Then: "Man, what are you doing in that bush?!"
- 2017-07-10 10:26 Best you can hope for in Victorian house is that it will be cold (as built, vents working) OR damp (vents blocked eg by insulation). No?
- 2017-07-09 20:56 On swimming in the River Lea (tune: Isle of Capri). Made someone laugh today
- 2017-07-09 14:09 Long chat with Cliff ex Royal Irish Rangers last night, but still no wiser re the shout in Killaloe
- 2017-07-09 12:57 Lovely to bump into my favourite @hackneycouncil market inspector, Mohammed S, at @chatsworthroad market this morning
- 2017-07-08 11:13 No longer v uncommon to see Londoners with acid burns (400 pa), but still have ca 6.4 times as many new FGM reports http://digital.nhs.uk/catalogue/PUB30015
- 2017-07-08 09:39 Coating blackberries in flour before adding to batter seems obvious - once you've been told http://bakerbynature.com/healthy-blackberry-banana-bread/
- 2017-07-08 08:25 García Márquez vs Vargas Llosa: siempre una delícia https://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2017/07/07/babelia/1499445200_348553.html
- 2017-07-08 08:05 Let It Gibbon's Kids Top 5: Funky Gibbon (Goodies), Laughing Policeman (Suspicions), Tiger Feet (Mud), Mah Na (Um... https://www.hackneycitizen.co.uk/2017/07/07/let-it-gibbon-t-shirt-transfers-party/
- 2017-07-07 23:06 Trevor's not a dog's name
- 2017-07-07 10:50 Alibech putting the devil back in hell is quite different, so I don't know why I'm thinking about that.
- 2017-07-07 10:45 Surely the Adolf Hitler church bell should stay: long & fine tradition of beating effigies of enemies cf Caga Tió https://www.thelocal.de/20170607/church-hitler-bell-out-of-tune-with-the-times-say-critics
- 2017-07-07 08:03 neither spaning nor spaining: spanning
- 2017-07-07 08:02 Putin/Trump's West: 3 items spaning the 1054 Orthodox/Catholic schism: beer, blackberries, barrel organs
- 2017-07-06 11:31 Gem from M Bragg: Ideas re migration developed in C19th when, in Germany, a stork was noticed with an African spear in its neck
- 2017-07-06 07:46 This is all very pretty https://twitter.com/FCBStudios/status/882528731419619328
- 2017-07-06 07:45 Had the most terrible nightmare: NYT fiction list composed 100% of works called The Facts extracted from legal claims. How nice to wake up
- 2017-07-05 11:15 What is the point of Sweden? The Kattashians should at least be equipped with helmets http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/a/g2Vo9/watch-kattashians-at-aftonbladet-tv
- 2017-07-05 10:51 @Transblawg I always said they should have painted it green and sold the resulting chard to the Swiss
- 2017-07-04 21:49 @Transblawg @GermanAtPompey @swissinfo_en It's the right of Swiss big cheeses To talk about holes as they pleases
- 2017-07-04 17:27 Google asks whether I meant constant indigestion. Well, yes, kind of.
- 2017-07-04 17:24 Glad to see that—along with tapas (aka binge drinking) & fake boobs—the Brits are adopting the Spanish approach to consonant congestion
- 2017-07-04 16:20 Oh dear: Macron to be to Hollande as organ-grinder is to monkey. Not even Bon Jovian. https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/881989353253163008
- 2017-07-04 15:23 But there IS a magic strawberry tree: Arbutus unedo, fermenting fruit beloved of alcoholic ants. But I don't think there's a magic beer tree
- 2017-07-04 13:10 Hackney Citizen is doing a great job on the Grenfell fallout = why we need independent local media https://www.hackneycitizen.co.uk/search_gcse/?q=grenfell
- 2017-07-04 09:02 Off to Walthamstow Marsh to shoot and BBQ any Guardianista foragers found
- 2017-07-03 22:24 Lifelong learning: Siberian prison choirs were a fashion, and Song of Volga Boatmen was used for revolutionary ends http://www.russian-records.com/details.php?image_id=12102
- 2017-07-03 20:55 But then there's this purported chorus of inmates of Tobolsk prison, Siberia, with falsetto comb chorus: http://www.russian-records.com/details.php?image_id=28944
- 2017-07-03 20:40 Brilliant pre-WWI Moscow novelty male voice quartet - 20 years before Comedian Harmonists: Jewish Quartet (Pundik) http://www.russian-records.com/details.php?image_id=3438
- 2017-07-03 19:32 1912 La Banda Municipal de Barcelona con Celestí Sadurní en Celos de Amor http://www.russian-records.com/details.php?image_id=37860
- 2017-07-03 13:41 Genuine 1910-ish Russian organ, i.e. Germanic: Marusya's love goes (by train!) to the wars, dies, she dies of sorrow http://www.russian-records.com/details.php?image_id=12827
- 2017-07-03 13:10 From great collection of early Russian records, proof that socialism didn't entirely eradicate organ-grinders: http://www.russian-records.com/details.php?image_id=11644
- 2017-07-03 09:46 No way of getting the filth deposited by kiddy hands off the piggy bank, so sacrifice it or lacquer it black with demonic red trimmings?
- 2017-07-02 18:47 Siesta wildlife Walthamstow Marsh: minibikes, drones, fornicators, also reed warbler 3 feet from my ear, wonderful https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/bird-and-wildlife-guides/bird-a-z/r/reedwarbler/
- 2017-07-02 12:57 Likewise, suggesting that Planet of the Apes is really about FOXP2
- 2017-07-02 12:56 Conversational filler "Yep, we're all monkeys, innit" works better on Nepalese Buddhist than on Somali Muslim Addison Lee drivers
- 2017-07-02 07:05 Rol's Top Ten Pedantic Songs http://histopten.blogspot.com/2017/06/my-top-ten-pedantic-songs.html
- 2017-07-01 11:19 Windows Media Player Rich Preview in Windows 10 is a monstrous pain in the posterior
Bizarrely, Twitter archive downloads don't include others' replies to your tweets, or tweets to which you reply, e.g.:
/ I say something... and so it's impossible to show tweet trees involving third parties correctly. Until I figure out something smarter I've just indented my replies, & good luck and bon voyage.
// Someone replies
/// I reply to them
- 1,653 piano rolls online at the Spanish National Library
Audio and scans, but no MIDI.
- “The failure of bilingual education”
That’s the thesis of Primitivo Abella Cachero, Podemos schoolteacher from Avilés, Asturias. His segue into fluent Caracas vernacular in para. 2 was causing dizziness and loss of vision, so I skipped to the conclusions:
No se niegan las ventajas de una mayor capacidad de comunicación con personas de otros países, lo que aquí se plantea es que
- Legislation re electric-aided bikes
An interesting post from Pascal. From the doc to which he links I learn
European legislation stipulates that only pedelecs “which are equipped with an auxiliary electric motor having a maximum continuous rated power of 0,25 kW, of which the output is progressively reduced and finally cut off as the vehicle reaches a speed of
- Palm or similar as integrated sound control device
Rather than mucking around with Gumstix and stuff, the excellent Christian Blanchard runs his Orgautomatix from MIDI data and a MIDI reader on a Palm (pic here of the setup). Old Palms go for a tenner and the Z22 is around 70 quid at the moment. IttyMidi does a package including an old Palm (only 8MB) for 120USD, so …