- 2017-08-31 10:36 Speccie subs never even came to London
- 2017-08-30 10:15 That's what I call a pea-shooter
- 2017-08-29 10:25 Force behind Brutalist revivalism is belief that best C20th architecture produced under Stalin and Hitler, no? https://www.nytimes.com/video/arts/design/100000005356525/reimagining-a-nazi-bunker-tirpitz-museum-denmark-big-bjarke-ingels.html
- 2017-08-29 08:43 So which Swiss canton was it that burns at the stake those who use strimmers & mowers except Wednesday 11-12?
- 2017-08-28 20:01 Excellent unscripted monkey (Barbary macaque?) cameo in Master and Commander
- 2017-08-28 16:02 World record @DellSpain 17-day wait for initial response to support issue? Includes false claim that battery not covered by 1-year warranty…
- 2017-08-28 14:20 But Liverpudlians in Flanders probably all letters home hoping the Lancashire weather would improve.
- 2017-08-28 13:05 Brave funny WWI MS letters Arthur Tryweryn ApSimon: macabre humour>daily mortality>foreseeing date/place of doom 2/8/1917 Pilckem Ridge
- 2017-08-27 20:38 Village Sue: Watch the manhole! John fell down it & broke his arm. Son Stevie: The cover weren't on.
- 2017-08-27 16:40 Lady at Barnham, despairing of @SouthernRailUK announcements, calls friend living opposite Bognor station to see if train leaving for London
- 2017-08-26 21:28 Hampshire pikies say they have their money on the Irish tarmaccer, we're betting on the bookies
- 2017-08-25 12:17 Don't knock automated music. https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/901005510421381120
- 2017-08-24 22:23 Budgens has got pretty classy
- 2017-08-23 17:52 Synthetic Xmas tree abandoned behind the gypsy camp on Hackney Marshes. Late clearing-up for 2016 or upgrade in place for 2017?
- 2017-08-23 10:11 Boeskoolmenneke vs organ-grinder
- 2017-08-23 09:43 Sterne, Tristram Shandy on hobbies
- 2017-08-23 07:40 Small person: If organic food is so healthy, why do people who eat it have less children?
- 2017-08-22 13:03 Cruikshank guide to modern American political praxis
- 2017-08-22 12:20 Word corrects "Frenchified fops" to "French-fried fops": genius
- 2017-08-20 14:59 It is not quite every day that my washing up is described as a "cesspit of horror."
- 2017-08-20 13:53 Old Jürgen & Raimond favourite: Lieschen * 3 / komm ein bißchen * 3 / in das Gartenhaus, da ziehen wir uns aus
- 2017-08-20 11:16 Someone needs to fisk the Collins English Dictionary
- 2017-08-19 17:21 Memorised a couple of Polish English epigraphs to see if they were more inspiring in Polish, but got involved in mugging and forgot em again
- 2017-08-19 17:20 St Pat's Cemetery Leytonstone: If tears could build a stairway And memories a lane We'd walk right up to heaven And bring you home again
- 2017-08-19 12:48 Brilliant photo + Quevedo:
What's now past is death's domain,
What's now passing, his latest gain.
- 2017-08-19 11:14 More Roy Campbell on Lorca
- 2017-08-19 11:11 Russian (Petrine) etiquette: good stuff about snot and spurs
- 2017-08-19 06:34 String of pearls: Hop Picking With Colin O’Brien http://spitalfieldslife.com/2017/08/19/hop-picking-with-colin-obrien/
- 2017-08-18 19:00 By mistake Bruce Forsyth goes to the gates of Muslim paradise. "Salaam aleikum," says the angel. Bruce, quick as a flash: "Aleikum salaam!"
- 2017-08-18 08:15 Roy Campbell's transpositions sometimes achieve Lorca's purpose better than the original
- 2017-08-17 17:01 Safe & sound
- 2017-08-17 08:46 Alexei Sayle: placeholders for non-consanguineal brothers @ then very different 3 Johns, Islington. Via @lordbonkers
- 2017-08-17 07:12 Even revelation that one is a trans Fijian marmot trapped in white British male does not extend one's NHS health check to 10 minutes
- 2017-08-16 18:02 Life makes more sense now I know that Stravinsky's dad played a drunken fiddler in the première of Borodin's Prince Igor
- 2017-08-16 17:50 I thought the Good Friday Agreement included a clause prohibiting the use of (wrong) time zone clocks in PR vids
- 2017-08-15 14:33 Blog: He would an elegy compose / On maggots squeez’d out of his nose: Samuel Butler on a composer of doggerel. http://elorganillero.com/blog/2017/08/15/he-would-an-elegy-compose-on-maggots-squeezd-out-of-his-nose/?lang=en
- 2017-08-15 09:19 Well, wouldn't you sing Swing Low, Sweet Chariot if you had two Chinooks circling low over you on Mabley Green, Hackney?
- 2017-08-14 20:37 Spirit of Michael Jackson lives on: two black lads just cycled past wearing blue surgical gloves on their right hands #HackneyCharm
- 2017-08-14 10:31 Blog: compilation of Tweets for July, for when T goes down the tube http://elorganillero.com/blog/2017/08/14/tweets-for-july-2017/?lang=en
- 2017-08-13 15:25 Hiphop, 30s style: Jelly Roll Morton, The Murder Ballad
- 2017-08-11 16:46 So you've got yet more blackberries and some cod http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/recipes/blackberry-cod-with-fennel-candy-beet-and-blackberry-remoulade-a7785451.html
- 2017-08-11 09:20 Congrats to Gerard: 5* gold in the World Dwarf Games http://www.ed.nl/eindhoven/gerard-smits-grossiert-in-goud-in-canada-op-world-dwarf-games~a149586e/
- 2017-08-10 17:14 The Brits, potato eaters: La reine d'Angleterre/A fait caca par terre/Il faut le nettoyer/Avec des pommes de terre. http://www.mamalisa.com/?t=fs&p=1419
- 2017-08-10 08:20 British holiday https://twitter.com/visitthecity/status/895384979521380352
- 2017-08-09 16:18 Glad to discover there's a Nikolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky State University in Nizhny Novgorod
- 2017-08-09 07:41 Glen Campbell: it's part-timer's, not Alzheimer's
- 2017-08-09 07:39 Skye = Barcelona = Ibiza = Venice, but how to ration tourism? By wealth or by ability to perform weird clapping tricks? Eh?
- 2017-08-08 20:39 Gruesome for trad publishers, but wonderful to be able to access original Russian Petrushka & commedia scripts http://a-pesni.org/
- 2017-08-08 15:17 Linz, like other progressive towns, exempts barrel organs & musical boxes from taxes on automated street music https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6coJgKieVzcJ:https://portal.linz.gv.at/Serviceguide/resource/booklet/20071012-0858-1583008316.pdf+&cd=16&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk
- 2017-08-08 14:56 Der "Leierkasten" ist [seit vier Jahren] dicht! A Munich brothel called "The Barrel Organ" is no more. Phew. http://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/inhalt.baustelle-im-bordell-der-leierkasten-ist-dicht.05d9a63c-c913-4fa9-9915-33bd64b3d5fb.html
- 2017-08-07 12:21 Blog: Sister Mary and the Bird: Ornithomancy amongst the 19th century north Welsh and Jewish Lithuanians http://elorganillero.com/blog/2017/08/07/sister-mary-and-the-bird/?lang=en
- 2017-08-05 21:08 Required reading after a Welsh holiday http://www.jakes-bones.com/p/how-to-clean-animal-bones.html
Bizarrely, Twitter archive downloads don't include others' replies to your tweets, or tweets to which you reply, e.g.:
/ I say something... and so it's impossible to show tweet trees involving third parties correctly. Until I figure out something smarter I've just indented my replies, & good luck and bon voyage.
// Someone replies
/// I reply to them
- Organ-grinding tweets for March 2018
The latest barrel organ news from Hackney, London.
- London organ-grinding tweets for October 2017
Lukewarm barrel organ-ish ephemera from Hackney, London and thereabouts.
- Organ-grinding tweets for January 2018
More sofa-based antics of the Hackney street organist.
- Tweets for August 2016
- Your street organ repertoire proposals
Collected via the form. I’ve done basic arrangements of around 50 for the configuration that will be available to me and I’ll brush them up when I get hold of the instrument and can try things out. I’ll probably also post a few samples here in the interim. I’m not on Facebook any longer (yep, …