- 2017-09-30 12:07 A previous wind bubble
- 2017-09-30 09:36 Christmas is coming, and the carrion crows on Hackney Marsh are eating the Xtratherm wall insulation on the new pavilion site
- 2017-09-29 12:12 Blog: Napoleon II’s Pulcinella toy & the Empire’s collapse http://elorganillero.com/blog/2017/09/29/napoleon-iis-pulcinella-toy-the-empires-collapse/?lang=en
- 2017-09-29 06:11 psychogeography vs hipster retail: incomprehensible in pursuit of unspeakable?
- 2017-09-28 12:56 I like the suicide bomber clauses in company car contracts - use of car for transport of explosive substances prohibited
- 2017-09-28 11:26 Victims v mixed: tumbleweave blowing there the other day https://twitter.com/NbtaLondon/status/911549674221375488
- 2017-09-28 08:33 The minerals and manufacturing are no more, but Midlanders still use more cutlery at breakfast than normal folk
- 2017-09-27 19:17 Catalan UDI referendum only looking good for Uzbek arms dealers, but Shakespeare twirling happily in grave re bit part played by Mr Ruffian
- 2017-09-27 14:06 Russia anticipates organ-grinders making up shortfall in orchestral violin sections https://tsarizm.com/news/2017/09/25/russia-says-technology-will-overcome-demographic-decline/
- 2017-09-27 08:14 Sorli Discau: mucho más que una broma ortográfica https://www.elconfidencial.com/empresas/2017-09-26/supermercados-mas-baratos-consumo-alcampo-dani_1449886/
- 2017-09-26 20:18 Psychobabble heard in Tesco: If he's always talking about his problems and thinks you haven't got any, you're his audience, not his friend.
- 2017-09-25 20:30 House bricks instead of pizza stone produced best pizza base ever, credit to @ibstockbrick
- 2017-09-25 17:44 RT @Markgsparrow: Love this.
- 2017-09-25 13:53 St. Cyril of Beloozero: Lord, the peasants are drinking and people are dying.
- 2017-09-25 12:41 Any reason you shouldn't use house bricks instead of pizza stone?
- 2017-09-24 15:47 Ah, a Soviet book that starts on page 45! You'd think if they were going to cut out half of it they could have typexed the page numbers
- 2017-09-24 05:56 #WalthamstowMarsh: iPhone found, returned to baby-owner. "But you need one!" "Too complicated: gimme cargo cult wood with painted icons."
- 2017-09-23 15:43 No barrel-organ, though
- 2017-09-23 15:42 Napoleon as Harlequin, tumbler, fraudster, monkey (?): Come, come, honest gents, have you ever seen a comedy like that!
- 2017-09-23 15:27 Indonesian (Malang?) carnival baby costumes
- 2017-09-23 07:31 C18th Russian Newton poem: you (skull mouldering in Westminster Abbey) knew everything but yourself http://lib.pushkinskijdom.ru/Default.aspx?tabid=5669
- 2017-09-23 06:10 One not to be forgotten.
- 2017-09-23 06:10 Pensive, Bow. Elderly Trinidadian: "Can I help you sir? You appear lost." In the Gothic style: "I am looking for … happiness." "WAHAHAHA!"
- 2017-09-22 08:19 Shocking hate crime witnessed Fleet Street, London: drunks staggering out of El Vino, singing Y Viva España thru Catalan embassy's interfone
- 2017-09-21 10:22 My favourite gallery, the Mauritshuis, high res public domain http://blog.europeana.eu/2017/09/the-mauritshuis-arrives-in-europeana/
- 2017-09-21 10:19 RT @bbcthree: Liam Gallagher making tea is the best thing you'll see today. As you were.
- 2017-09-21 09:44 #RevoluciónCatalana #NoALasGuitarras Y de John fooking Lennon Imagine, ni pensar
- 2017-09-21 08:48 But does Anchor & Hope (film) actually have the A&H (pub) in it? https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/lff/Online/default.asp?BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::permalink=anchorandhope&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::context_id=
- 2017-09-20 22:17 Apparently in Sweden earthquakes are not a problem because the geology is exceptionally well organised
- 2017-09-20 16:25 Revolución Catalana: ¡a quemar grallas!
- 2017-09-19 22:16 The new Pevsner, but is he bald too? https://stainedglassattitudes.wordpress.com/2017/09/19/the-tragic-tale-of-st-albans-abbey/
- 2017-09-19 19:59 Men, it's OK to put cucumber on your face at bedtime. Exclusive source says it's part of Mr. Colombia's routine. Just stay off the mondongo
- 2017-09-19 19:24 CaixaForum: Thought I'd find de Chirico amusing, Warhol wanky, but the opposite. Sucker for commercial illustration.
- 2017-09-19 07:39 Dilemma: Small transparent lizard has moved in. Should I stop squirting repellent at the mosquitoes?
- 2017-09-19 00:04 All the Beach Boys needed was a balalaika http://leonidkarpov.ru/index.php/muz/play/17-woman-in-love?tmpl=component
- 2017-09-18 23:05 It is said that Mikhail Vysotsky, early 19th century guitarist, died in ravine going TO favourite tavern. Family insists he was going home.
- 2017-09-18 21:42 Russian modesty: The appearance of the seven-string guitar resembles a supernova explosion.
- 2017-09-18 19:13 But will I be allowed to drink them at home? Taste-Off: Interesting Eastern European Corner Shop Beers https://boakandbailey.com/2017/09/taste-off-interesting-eastern-european-corner-shop-beers/
- 2017-09-18 12:42 "I don't care about cookies" Chrome extension -> webhp redirects: not good...
- 2017-09-18 07:42 Enough of all this intra-species politicking: the first thing we do, let's kill all the mosquitoes http://www.nytimes.com/2000/12/05/science/for-monkeys-a-millipede-a-day-keeps-mosquitoes-away.html
- 2017-09-17 19:29 Spanish grapes cost more in Spain than in England. Fortunately the same is not true of their main product
- 2017-09-17 09:46 It's not my photography, it's my soul you're taking.
- 2017-09-17 09:27 To be fair, the Stamford Hill boys have never asked me to repeat a number.
- 2017-09-15 21:44 Katinka was the village belle: piano roll+ukelele+karaoke! (Famous dirty song re girl's bush fascination.)
- 2017-09-15 19:46 @Transblawg Oh dear. It's like going to a pub and having to show the barman how to pour beer. Who will post the postmen.
- 2017-09-15 16:52 Cruise boat hooters (4th) sounding like Ivor Cutler's harmonium - expecting monstrous Scotsman in funny hat to emerge from behind cloud
- 2017-09-15 12:39 RT @dehparadox: Lo que me quedaba por ver en el fútbol: 20.000 alemanes, en un estadio inglés, cantando 'El Porompompero' de Manolo Escobar…
- 2017-09-14 22:02 Ivan the Terrible demanded the hand of the sister of the Polish king, who instead sent him a horse dressed as a woman. Good idea at the time
- 2017-09-14 21:57 An apostate has introduced me to an interesting new sect: Salamism encourages the consumption of spicy pork sausages
- 2017-09-14 09:57 Current state of Russian transliteration. Yup.
- 2017-09-14 08:59 Sussex Downs, 8/9, relaxing in a late summer 40 km/h hailstorm
- 2017-09-13 20:52 No fue el momento de preguntar si, sin coño, me consideraba mujer
- 2017-09-13 20:32 El Carmelo, Barcelona: "Buenas tardes, caballero." "Gracias, aunque no veo caballo." #LosViejosSonLosMejores
- 2017-09-12 15:01 Blog: The French penchant for inventing things already in existence elsewhere: Séraphin and his ombres chinoises http://elorganillero.com/blog/2017/09/12/on-a-french-penchant-for-inventing-things-already-in-existence-elsewhere/?lang=en
- 2017-09-12 09:34 Pregnant women can drink more, Chief Medical Officer should smoke less, says new study http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/7/7/e015410
- 2017-09-12 07:59 RT @LowEbbs: Nice to see they've got their priorities right https://twitter.com/hackneycitizen/status/907200462696394752
- 2017-09-11 07:27 storm surge
- 2017-09-10 19:50 Apparently my habit of saying asparagus to everything is almost as advanced as 2 year old saying asparagus to bad stuff & traintrack to good
- 2017-09-10 17:21 House in the shape of a Viking helmet near Hungary's Slovenian border http://www.casa-mia.at/ungarn-immobilien.phtml?property=2040
- 2017-09-07 21:57 Delighted with new-old book of German dwarf poetry. Far superior to modern take
- 2017-09-07 14:50 BreakingFrum: What would happen to you if a Korean missile hit RNAS Yeovilton in Somerset?
- 2017-09-07 11:20 "Come on, dissensus, you can do better than that." "No I facking can't." https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=consensus%2Cdissensus&case_insensitive=on&year_start=1940&year_end=2008&corpus=18&smoothing=3&share=&direct_url=t4%3B%2Cconsensus%3B%2Cc0%3B%2Cs0%3B%3Bconsensus%3B%2Cc0%3B%3BConsensus%3B%2Cc0%3B.t4%3B%2Cdissensus%3B%2Cc0%3B%2Cs0%3B%3Bdissensus%3B%2Cc0%3B%3BDissensus%3B%2Cc0
- 2017-09-07 06:26 1st Burmese backgrounder that makes sense to me https://gnxp.nofe.me/2017/09/06/burma-can-thank-the-british-for-its-current-mess/
- 2017-09-07 06:17 Hadn't seen how this ended https://www.futilitycloset.com/2017/09/07/prototype/
- 2017-09-06 07:34 Borrow book from public library: show photo membership ID, register. Borrow crutches from NHS: allege name & address, no register. WTF?
- 2017-09-05 18:12 Privacy: I've got nothing to hide, but they don't need to know that. Dutch Big Brother law referendum petition: https://teken.sleepwet.nl/
- 2017-09-05 07:28 Village Sue: Ba$tards cut down me sycamore cos poisoning facking ponies. Son Stevie: Now she gathers syc leaves & throws em over the fence
- 2017-09-04 20:03 If Hackney Council hadn't stopped Mole Man, we'd all be able to shelter from Kim Jong-un #WhereAreYouHiding
- 2017-09-04 18:11 Tough on rhyme, tough on the causes of rhyme http://lisarda.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/wally-keeler-shakespeare-found-guilty.html
- 2017-09-04 07:49 Main reason for Spanish universities' decline in Shaghai rankings: inability to spell Shanghai
- 2017-09-03 16:30 Shocking how few casualties die/desert in 4 hr wait in A&E. Fave: raving lady & panting gent, staff: But which one of you is the patient?
- 2017-09-03 10:42 To small girl: "See the spider with the massive bum? Imagine all the spinning he's going to do!" Small girl: "Are you going spinning too?"
- 2017-09-02 10:35 SomersetLive has the strangest headlines: Victim kept orange with her for years to deter serial sex offender with fruit allergy
- 2017-09-02 08:17 Despite best efforts of rider, horse kicked out-of-control dog on Walthamstow Marshes yesterday. Image is Stradanus
- 2017-09-01 23:41 Apple juice forbidden in Dutch primary school. Alarmed parent: Water is for dogs. http://www.bd.nl/tilburg/school-verplicht-kinderen-water-te-drinken-ouders-boos-water-is-voor-honden~a72da0eb/
- 2017-09-01 11:59 Erotic Electric Eels and Pig-Faced Women: Animal Curiosities on the Streets and Stages of London http://www.vam.ac.uk/blog/network/erotic-electric-eels-and-pig-faced-women-animal-curiosities-on-the-streets-and-stages-of-london
- 2017-09-01 11:32 Beware of trying to help zombie spice victims in Hackney parks - probably just yoga beginners
- 2017-09-01 07:56 For Hackney refugees, fighting at Lidl & the regular outbreaks of cider-fuelled zoophilia are surely the whole point of Frome
- 2017-09-01 07:22 Buckingham Palace attack predictable: Mohiussunnath is anagram of inhuman shouts
- 2017-08-31 23:02 Potential juror #1: I’m aware of the defendant and I hate him https://harpers.org/archive/2017/09/public-enemy/
Bizarrely, Twitter archive downloads don't include others' replies to your tweets, or tweets to which you reply, e.g.:
/ I say something... and so it's impossible to show tweet trees involving third parties correctly. Until I figure out something smarter I've just indented my replies, & good luck and bon voyage.
// Someone replies
/// I reply to them
- Singing Organ-Grinder tweets for April
Cranking it up along the River Lea.
- London organ-grinding tweets for October 2017
Lukewarm barrel organ-ish ephemera from Hackney, London and thereabouts.
- Organ-grinder tweets for November 2017
More monkey mess from the peripatetic Homerton/Hackney barrel organ.
- Organ-grinder tweets for December 2017
More inanity from the Hackney organity.