- The 1.5M claimed by the Barcelona municipal police (the Guàrdia Urbana) for the demonstration last Friday must be a lie, since you can only fit 220K bods into the Passeig de Gràcia.
- The same police force reported the credible figure of 5K for the demonstration against the ETA “truce”.
- Since the Guàrdia Urbana sometimes gets it approximately right and sometimes gets it completely wrong, some non-statistical factor (ie politics) must be present in their calculations.
I think that an inability to process large numbers is a more likely explanation than malice. This should worry us, for how can the police hope to find adequate solutions for large-scale public order situations if they haven’t got the faintest idea how many people they are dealing with?
- Lying about demonstrator numbers, or “We’ve been in Puerta del Sol, Madrid 20 of may 2011 to measure people attendance of 15-M Mouvement events”
This is Lynce.es/ExactCrowd.com, which may still lack the language skills to sell its services into non-Spanish-speaking markets, but provides an excellent
- Cease and desist
Re the Abramovich boat post: I’ve been contacted now by three British newspapers, one gentleman who sounded suspiciously like a Russian
- Man accused of assault on ludomaniac following blowjob
Some of the locals would have you believe that Barcelona is the global capital of crazy. Not at all, for, as
- The best of all possible donkeys
Although Catalonia has donkeys rather as the Soviet Union used to have coalminers, the nation’s poets have tended to avoid the
- Banning bullfighting is worse for cows than the status quo
If you want to save a beefmobile from a horrible death, the best way is to keep bullrings open. These are