With no disrespect intended, and given that
- it is easier to organise wars and other historical events in the mind when they are grouped in series,
- the Charles Jenkins incident is probably all that will be generally remembered of the Korean War, and
- Charles Jenkins has outstanding lugs,
would it not be pragmatic to begin now to refer to the Korean War as The Second War of Jenkins’ Ear?
- Charles Jenkins’ dog
I haven’t seen anything in the Japanese press, but this Straits Times story is a giggle anyway. According to the ST,
- Yo… & …yo
I don’t think that John McWhorter’s “YO!” has really “floated to the ends of sentences and lost its shouting intonation, and
- Real Academia Española contemplating eliminating accents
And they’re going descriptive, bit by bit.
- Can I coup my horse here?
PP senator Carlos Benet has said that Pavía entered Congress on a horse (during the 1874 coup), Tejero with a pistol
- Why the Spanish judiciary and executive aren’t actually separate
This piece by Julio José Elías Baturones explains how PSOE lawmakers led by Alfonso Guerra neutralised the guarantees contained in the