If the annual ceremony bemoaning the arrival of liberal centralism in Catalonia is beginning to seem kind of boring, here‘s one you’ll surely enjoy, organised by The Popular Front for Solidarity with the Chechen People and his increasingly nervous dog:
- 11:00 Political ceremony on the Passeig del Born. With the participation of Alij Masteiev, representative of the Mujahideen Front for the Liberation of Chechnya, who will analyse recent events.
- 14:00 Participation in the demonstration called by Rescat [“Rescue”] in support of Catalan political prisoners [ie those convicted of assisting ETA in these parts] with our own bloc in remembrance of those reprisaled [sic] and fallen in combat for a free Chechnya.
- 15:00 Alternative botifarrada [Catalanista pork-sausage eating event; sorry, Mr Masteiev] with products typical of the Caucasus on the Passeig del Born.
- 17:00 Participation in the Demonstration in the bloc of our sister organisation, Endavant [“Forward”; Catalan ethnic socialist separatists].
- 20:00 Combative demonstration in remembrance of those fallen in Beslan in front of the Russian Consulate General in Barcelona (Ave. Pearson, 34, 08034) under the slogan “Neither forgotten nor forgiven, PUTIN MURDERER AND LORD OF CAPITAL”.
We expect all of you, men and women, [as] we give support to the Chechen popular struggle. Their methods may be different, but they have been left with no choice!!
FORWARD CHECHNYA, FORWARD CATALAN COUNTRIES!!!
“Self-determination is taken, not asked for”.
Some of the same events are advertised under different names and at different times here and in other places.
- Frau Antje
… is probably not what whatsername was thinking of when she did this decorative ceramic chez LP@Barcelona. (Frau Antje was the
- Referendums on independence are for pussies
Serious separatists will drive on the left, in Vic, starting Sunday.
- Global anti-civilisation network
Away, Mr Cruise, with all your pantomime knife-waving; get thee gone, Rousseau, and take your half-baked chain reform proposals with you:
- I had a large farmhouse in the Catalan mountains and I burnt it down
Francesc Pujols’ global taxonomy of women’s caresses.
- French, Cockney, Dutch in Borrow
Glad to see the French are bemoaning the death of Cockney. There’s a lovely bit in George Borrow’s Romany Rye where