Via Barcepundit: Idaho Basques > ETA / urban Irish > IRA / Muslims > Hamas
“Nostalgia brigade”: European Military Historical Society > ?
- Irish: it’s official! Well, almost…
The Taoiseachracy got sick of being hassled during the Irish presidency of the EU by lobbyists for various unloved languages, so
- Suggestion for EU official language policy
Irish opposition parties are trying to stir up the nationalist vote with a proposal to get Irish (ca 0.2M fluent speakers)
- Visigoths and Romans to share Cordoba Cathedral too?
The Visigoth church knocked down by the Moors was built on a Roman temple, and I’m told that both faith communities
- More incompetence from the Real Academia Española
The failure on the part of Romance lexicographers to include common words and meanings (eg bragueta = codpiece) in their bibles
- The semantic divergence and convergence of “hooligan” and “Tory”
How two bands of bloodthirsty Fenians turned into peaceable middle-aged Englishmen with no known political opinions who smile a lot, are