One pragmatic reason for creating and disseminating a standard language is to increase the political punch of speakers. Still, it’s going to be a while before Aragonese (English .doc here) overtakes Turkish. (I haven’t got time to check it, but I’ll bet the Turkish claim is flawed.)
- Google Translate output depends on your default browser language?
If your browser language is Polish, “Grób PaÅ„ski” translates into English as “tomb of the lord”, while if it’s English the
- Ethnic nationalist wolf disguised as multilingualist sheep
The Organització pel Multilingüisme wants the Spanish royals to start using Basque and various other lesser-used languages in official ceremonies. That
- Santa Coloma de Gramenet council website
I’m not sure whether the English version (half of which is in Catalan) of the website of the Ajuntament de Santa
- English, lingua franca of the Swiss/Catalans/…
That’s what Urs Dürmüller of Berne University says, and Switzerland.isyours explains why in greater detail. English became popular in Brussels, partly
- Raphael tortures Aquarius, Matt Monro destroys Libre (subtitled)
Do Spanish speakers get more excited about “defective” accents than English speakers?