The library service has thought up a cunning scheme to reduce the embarrassingly high proportion of Spanish-language books borrowed: only provide information resources in Catalan.
- In defence of Catalan language immersion
It’s a fine example of practical neo-feudalism, and screw the serfs.
- The legislation affecting the Catalan language is different depending on what state you are speaking
One of the inconveniences of living or doing business on Mallorca over the last decade has been language legislation which, unless
- What to do about the miners
Now the Spanish government has adopted my scheme to reduce the number of ayuntamientos, they will surely be on the line
- Amando de Miguel gets something right about English
Amando de Miguel’s blog contains myriad hoards of fascinating localisms, but, as has been observed in the past, as soon as
- Spanish, most popular elective extra-curricular language in English higher education
Now ahead of French, while German is being overtaken by Chinese.