The gig we got conned into yesterday was something calling itself Life Parade, basically a crackpot collective from the fascist-left fringe. As is usual in such cases, public numbers were significantly lower than those of the state-financed sponsoring entities which, for some reason, people refer to as non-governmental organisations. There was the usual hysterical anti-employment demagoguery (Bolkestein, spelt of course with a Waffen “SS”) as well as the plain lunatic (t-shirts sloganned with “I don’t believe in the AIDS virus”), but the most bizarre aspect for me was that the mini-mob made grateful use of the Forum site, which, two years ago, they told us was symbolic of the evils of open-door capitalism.
- French and Russian cavalry rode backwards in retreat?!
This claim helped defeat Valentine Shortis’ insanity plea at his murder trial in 1895-6, but was it true?
- More registered than apparent actual unemployed in Spain
Are Spanish unemployment statistics the result of fraud or incompetence?
- % of Spanish electorate not voting for any candidate vs % of electorate voting for winning party, 1977-2011
No tumbrils for Mariano just yet.
- Annals of curious municipal arithmetic, part whatever
Just because you take EU funds to renovate historical monuments doesn’t mean you have to open them to the public thereafter.
- Journey to the depths of the Soviet b3-34 calculator
There has hitherto been little acknowledgement of the pivotal role of the B3-34 Soviet programmable calculator in popularising difficult topics like