Tony Barber discovers that you can’t fly direct from Lithuania to Brussels and wonders what that says “about EU integration, EU efficiency and EU solidarity at a time of crisis.” No flights from Santiago, La Coruña, or Vigo either, so Galician separatist lobbyists are driven to Porto, Portugal in darkened limos to avoid embarrassment. Catalonia and the Basque Country do qualify, and if Tarragona secedes then there’s a plane from Reus. But Galicia is a mere appendage. Sorry!
- How regional language policy in Spain is pissing off foreign investors
Here’s most of the second half of an article dealing with the Air Berlin affair in the Süddeutsche Zeitung, a MOR
- Saint George and the Catalan marionette
Let’s have a Tozer Street!
- the scots and the ryanair effect
Re this post, check this article from The Scotsman: A DRAMATIC surge in the number of Scots learning foreign languages has left
- Iron Maiden in the frontline of the flag war on Basque terrorism
An extreme nationalist Basque group, ANV, was recently banned for being the latest in a succession of ETA front organisations. In
- Roadtrip en segadora por el norte de España a finales de junio / Late June lawnmower roadtrip across Northern Spain
Busco sofás, pajares, etc. para descansar. / Call for sofas, haylofts etc.