I liked this bit about the school spelling competition:
Obviously, spelling in our three languages causes problems, but these are gradually overcomed with a high standard being obtained.
The site is full of simple errors, so that the school’s claim to offer “a high quality academical, linguistic and cultural education” seems dubious in at least one respect.
- All our pupils go out from Sil School with really high linguistics skills
If Colegio Sil in Barcelona wants to sell its foreign language provision to any but the stupid it might want to
- People, fucked translation is our opium, let’s smoke it while we can
Various posts here have been devoted to encouraging fucked translation from Spanish as a brand differentiator, where linguistic sloth and incompetence
- A judge orders materials at the Barcelona Foreigner Internment Centre to be translated into languages the inmates can’t read
Judge Joaquín Aguirre has identified a problem: many Senegalese etc can’t speak their national language, French, to a level that would
- With a FROB in the throat: but what’s wrong with moderately fucked translation?
At a crucial moment in Spain’s fortunes, the bank restructuring fund (Fondo de Reestructuración Ordenada Bancaria, FROB) has come up with
- ¿Pero este a quién se ha follado?
Doing the rounds, and sent this way by Carlos Ferrero Martín. Comments on the post say the Spanish TV interpreter is