With reference to all the blather about this decade’s hot potato, here’s where nationalist leaders send their kids to school:
- José Montilla: Deutsche Schule Barcelona, main language of instruction German, secondary Spanish.
- Artur Mas & Joan Laporta: Lycée Français, main language of instruction French, secondary Spanish.
- Manuela de Madre, José Zaragoza, Joaquim Nadal, and Mar-tian Serna are among other Catalan socialist preachers of monolingualism who prefer private, which is to say non-Catalan.
- Any more?
Everyone else: shite state and semi-state schools, only language of instruction Catalan.
So at least some youngsters will be able to find work south of Tarragona, west of Lérida, north of Gerona, or east of Barcelona should Artur Mas’ solemnly predicted recovery (or renaissance, or whatever) not actually kick in in 2013. The serfs can always grub for roots.
Seriously, can Rajoy handle a civil war?
- Montilla, hypocrite
Good to hear that wannabe Catalan nationalist-socialist leader José Montilla sends his daughter to the Deutsche Schule in Esplugues. There they
- Catalan banned in Sants
Not so much flogging as snogging a dead horse, here is an excerpt from Rafael Miralles Bravo’s Memorias de un comandante
- Spanish, most popular elective extra-curricular language in English higher education
Now ahead of French, while German is being overtaken by Chinese.
- Language immersion counter-productive, says Finnish prof
Being a naive progressive, my opposition to the illegal policy of compulsory Catalan language immersion has always been based on appeals
- Perspectives for home schooling in Catalonia
It’s looking good, and who the hell cares if it’s unconstitutional?