Tom is embroidering on the theme of coming home to an exploding boiler. A surprising number of agencies still believe that the best way of selling/renting in a falling market is to use as image no 1 a poorly lit photo of an uncleaned WC, or some such. I hope he’s going to name names, and take submissions.
- Plumbing economics in Barcelona
Two ways of screwing up a boiler installation and still making a profit.
- For sale, the church of St Paul at Montmany
Buy the scene of the miserable fate of the rector in Els sots feréstecs!
- Pi$$-poor flat advertising in Barcelona
If in doubt, lead off with an exploding boiler.
- “El AVE cotiza al alza en el down jones de los transportes”
Francesc Peirón and his Vanguardia editors don’t know the name of the world’s most famous stock market index. “Down Jones” is
- Alternative etymology of “blah”
Here’s one: blah (n.) “idle, meaningless talk,” 1918, probably echoic; the adj. meaning “bland, dull” is from 1919, perhaps infl. by