For anyone short of kindling. Corsican popular song, a Burgundy micropatois, hussar dressage training, lots of (mainly 19th century) colour plates.
- Is Gertrude Stein pulling the strings on the Balearics?
José Ramón Bauzá, in government but losing the power of speech.
- Napoleon II’s Pulcinella toy & the Empire’s collapse
A tragic gallery dealing with 1832: contemporary/posterior mise-en-scène? Plus images of Napoleon as Polichinelle.
- Napoleon couldn’t write French
“I am dying before my time, murdered by the English oligarchy and their hired assassin. The English people will not delay
- Patron saint of Barcelona swapped because of climate change?
When the original cathedral was consecrated in 1058, it was dedicated to the Holy Cross and to St Eulalia, who on
- Alternative etymology of “blah”
Here’s one: blah (n.) “idle, meaningless talk,” 1918, probably echoic; the adj. meaning “bland, dull” is from 1919, perhaps infl. by