Pretty dull little piggies, actually, but I just wanted to mention a little script I’m working on. It will
- compile and classify data gathered previously on this blog,
- use it to identify probable translation mistakes prone to cause helpless laughter, as well as mere mistranscriptions of interesting words (female genital mutilation more widespread than previously thought, says Hillary Clitnon),
- take the highest-ranking relevant ghit for Spanish and Catalan domains,
- return it here accompanied by some apparently profound but utterly meaningless proverb,
- thus ensure that you will continue to consider me a fucking genius without my having to stir from the pub,
- make me an inflation-adjusted trillionaire in some reputable currency by the time I’m 346.
So that’s my summer sorted. Have a good one yourself.
- ¡Gracias y adiós!
Update includes the top 10 posts at time of closure.
- Firts Certificate
Lenox is always moaning about Spanish entities that could ask foreigners for language tips but choose not to. English School Casal
- Artur Mas: only the filthy Spanish are stopping every Catalan owning a farm right now
In a number of posts (see below) I’ve suggested that rather than use cheap, crap human translators customers should consider free,
- The economic case for fucked translation
Via LS an anonymous cartoon of the gulf between what we (would like to) think we have said and what we
- Francophone ticket recycling centre at Valencia Joaquín Sorolla station?
Bring out your dirty tickets: But no: Tickets sales, tickets sale, when all I wanted was ticket sales. Well, then, just show me