- The exonymy wars: Generalidad de Cataluña and Comunitat de Madrid on Wikipedia
I was amused to note that there are massive flames on the Spanish Wikipedia re the (political) rectitude of using the
- A sophist etymology of “Isle of Dogs”
Like the wharf, it comes from the Canaries. Not.
- New directors of Instituto Cervantes in New York and Dublin “can’t speak English”
Javier Rioyo Jambrina and Rosa León will apparently struggle to make themselves understood to their target audience in their new jobs.
- DCVB gives Spanish equivalents not yet accepted by RAE
The Catalan-Valencian-Balearic dictionary helpfully gives Spanish equivalents: RESSALAR v. tr. Tornar salar; salar excessivament; cast. resalar. … that sometimes haven’t yet made it into
- Degerundisation in Furrin
In Spanish etc., campsite > camping, carpark > parking, etc., but then in German happy ending > happy End. Who cares?