Via the poke:
WTF is Steam? Can we finally stop identifying states with languages?
- Irish: it’s official! Well, almost…
The Taoiseachracy got sick of being hassled during the Irish presidency of the EU by lobbyists for various unloved languages, so
- Breakfats, breakfast of the future?
Seen this morning on a bar in Barcelona’s c/ Ancha/Ample (not the Snake Bar: that’s on Laietana, and the menu is
- French regional and minority language policy
If you believe that Brussels is more than happy to see powerful member states neutralised by internal division–as is increasingly Spain’s
- “Catalan on the road to extinction”
More panic-mongering from the linguacrats: Carme Junyent, director of the low-activity Group for the Study of Threatened Languages at Barcelona University
- Taking the peace? Catalan village writes Shalom backwards
A few months back I posted about Barcelona Council’s totemistic approach to foreign languages. Here, from CataloniaWatch, is another brilliant example: