- 2017-08-31 10:36 Speccie subs never even came to London
- 2017-08-30 10:15 That's what I call a pea-shooter
- 2017-08-29 10:25 Force behind Brutalist revivalism is belief that best C20th architecture produced under Stalin and Hitler, no? https://www.nytimes.com/video/arts/design/100000005356525/reimagining-a-nazi-bunker-tirpitz-museum-denmark-big-bjarke-ingels.html
- 2017-08-29 08:43 So which Swiss canton was it that burns at the stake those who use strimmers & mowers except Wednesday 11-12?
- 2017-08-28 20:01 Excellent unscripted monkey (Barbary macaque?) cameo in Master and Commander
- 2017-08-28 16:02 World record @DellSpain 17-day wait for initial response to support issue? Includes false claim that battery not covered by 1-year warranty…
- 2017-08-28 14:20 But Liverpudlians in Flanders probably all letters home hoping the Lancashire weather would improve.
- 2017-08-28 13:05 Brave funny WWI MS letters Arthur Tryweryn ApSimon: macabre humour>daily mortality>foreseeing date/place of doom 2/8/1917 Pilckem Ridge
- 2017-08-27 20:38 Village Sue: Watch the manhole! John fell down it & broke his arm. Son Stevie: The cover weren't on.
- 2017-08-27 16:40 Lady at Barnham, despairing of @SouthernRailUK announcements, calls friend living opposite Bognor station to see if train leaving for London
- 2017-08-26 21:28 Hampshire pikies say they have their money on the Irish tarmaccer, we're betting on the bookies
- 2017-08-25 12:17 Don't knock automated music. https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/901005510421381120
- 2017-08-24 22:23 Budgens has got pretty classy
- 2017-08-23 17:52 Synthetic Xmas tree abandoned behind the gypsy camp on Hackney Marshes. Late clearing-up for 2016 or upgrade in place for 2017?
- 2017-08-23 10:11 Boeskoolmenneke vs organ-grinder
- 2017-08-23 09:43 Sterne, Tristram Shandy on hobbies
- 2017-08-23 07:40 Small person: If organic food is so healthy, why do people who eat it have less children?
- 2017-08-22 13:03 Cruikshank guide to modern American political praxis
- 2017-08-22 12:20 Word corrects "Frenchified fops" to "French-fried fops": genius
- 2017-08-20 14:59 It is not quite every day that my washing up is described as a "cesspit of horror."
- 2017-08-20 13:53 Old Jürgen & Raimond favourite: Lieschen * 3 / komm ein bißchen * 3 / in das Gartenhaus, da ziehen wir uns aus
- 2017-08-20 11:16 Someone needs to fisk the Collins English Dictionary
- 2017-08-19 17:21 Memorised a couple of Polish English epigraphs to see if they were more inspiring in Polish, but got involved in mugging and forgot em again
- 2017-08-19 17:20 St Pat's Cemetery Leytonstone: If tears could build a stairway And memories a lane We'd walk right up to heaven And bring you home again
- 2017-08-19 12:48 Brilliant photo + Quevedo:
What's now past is death's domain,
What's now passing, his latest gain.
- 2017-08-19 11:14 More Roy Campbell on Lorca
- 2017-08-19 11:11 Russian (Petrine) etiquette: good stuff about snot and spurs
- 2017-08-19 06:34 String of pearls: Hop Picking With Colin O’Brien http://spitalfieldslife.com/2017/08/19/hop-picking-with-colin-obrien/
- 2017-08-18 19:00 By mistake Bruce Forsyth goes to the gates of Muslim paradise. "Salaam aleikum," says the angel. Bruce, quick as a flash: "Aleikum salaam!"
- 2017-08-18 08:15 Roy Campbell's transpositions sometimes achieve Lorca's purpose better than the original
- 2017-08-17 17:01 Safe & sound
- 2017-08-17 08:46 Alexei Sayle: placeholders for non-consanguineal brothers @ then very different 3 Johns, Islington. Via @lordbonkers
- 2017-08-17 07:12 Even revelation that one is a trans Fijian marmot trapped in white British male does not extend one's NHS health check to 10 minutes
- 2017-08-16 18:02 Life makes more sense now I know that Stravinsky's dad played a drunken fiddler in the première of Borodin's Prince Igor
- 2017-08-16 17:50 I thought the Good Friday Agreement included a clause prohibiting the use of (wrong) time zone clocks in PR vids
- 2017-08-15 14:33 Blog: He would an elegy compose / On maggots squeez’d out of his nose: Samuel Butler on a composer of doggerel. http://elorganillero.com/blog/2017/08/15/he-would-an-elegy-compose-on-maggots-squeezd-out-of-his-nose/?lang=en
- 2017-08-15 09:19 Well, wouldn't you sing Swing Low, Sweet Chariot if you had two Chinooks circling low over you on Mabley Green, Hackney?
- 2017-08-14 20:37 Spirit of Michael Jackson lives on: two black lads just cycled past wearing blue surgical gloves on their right hands #HackneyCharm
- 2017-08-14 10:31 Blog: compilation of Tweets for July, for when T goes down the tube http://elorganillero.com/blog/2017/08/14/tweets-for-july-2017/?lang=en
- 2017-08-13 15:25 Hiphop, 30s style: Jelly Roll Morton, The Murder Ballad
- 2017-08-11 16:46 So you've got yet more blackberries and some cod http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/recipes/blackberry-cod-with-fennel-candy-beet-and-blackberry-remoulade-a7785451.html
- 2017-08-11 09:20 Congrats to Gerard: 5* gold in the World Dwarf Games http://www.ed.nl/eindhoven/gerard-smits-grossiert-in-goud-in-canada-op-world-dwarf-games~a149586e/
- 2017-08-10 17:14 The Brits, potato eaters: La reine d'Angleterre/A fait caca par terre/Il faut le nettoyer/Avec des pommes de terre. http://www.mamalisa.com/?t=fs&p=1419
- 2017-08-10 08:20 British holiday https://twitter.com/visitthecity/status/895384979521380352
- 2017-08-09 16:18 Glad to discover there's a Nikolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky State University in Nizhny Novgorod
- 2017-08-09 07:41 Glen Campbell: it's part-timer's, not Alzheimer's
- 2017-08-09 07:39 Skye = Barcelona = Ibiza = Venice, but how to ration tourism? By wealth or by ability to perform weird clapping tricks? Eh?
- 2017-08-08 20:39 Gruesome for trad publishers, but wonderful to be able to access original Russian Petrushka & commedia scripts http://a-pesni.org/
- 2017-08-08 15:17 Linz, like other progressive towns, exempts barrel organs & musical boxes from taxes on automated street music https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6coJgKieVzcJ:https://portal.linz.gv.at/Serviceguide/resource/booklet/20071012-0858-1583008316.pdf+&cd=16&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk
- 2017-08-08 14:56 Der "Leierkasten" ist [seit vier Jahren] dicht! A Munich brothel called "The Barrel Organ" is no more. Phew. http://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/inhalt.baustelle-im-bordell-der-leierkasten-ist-dicht.05d9a63c-c913-4fa9-9915-33bd64b3d5fb.html
- 2017-08-07 12:21 Blog: Sister Mary and the Bird: Ornithomancy amongst the 19th century north Welsh and Jewish Lithuanians http://elorganillero.com/blog/2017/08/07/sister-mary-and-the-bird/?lang=en
- 2017-08-05 21:08 Required reading after a Welsh holiday http://www.jakes-bones.com/p/how-to-clean-animal-bones.html
Bizarrely, Twitter archive downloads don't include others' replies to your tweets, or tweets to which you reply, e.g.:
/ I say something... and so it's impossible to show tweet trees involving third parties correctly. Until I figure out something smarter I've just indented my replies, & good luck and bon voyage.
// Someone replies
/// I reply to them
- Organ-grinding tweets for January 2018
More sofa-based antics of the Hackney street organist.
- Tweets for August 2016
- Organ-grinding tweets for March 2018
The latest barrel organ news from Hackney, London.
- London organ-grinding tweets for October 2017
Lukewarm barrel organ-ish ephemera from Hackney, London and thereabouts.