West End Chapel, Sowerby Bridge, Halifax, West Riding, Yorkshire

Gramps ID P0176
Latitude 53.705810
Longitude -1.9147044
County Yorkshire

Narrative

This is the West End Congregational Church on the SE side of West Street rather than the West End Methodist Chapel on Spring Hill Lane, on the other side of Halifax. The church closed in 1957 and was demolished and replaced by petrol station, perhaps in the early 1970s. In around 2006 permission was given to convert the garage site into 28 apartments and a car park, and to convert the Sunday School into 23 apartments and a restaurant, requiring the reburial or cremation of the remains of those buried in the graveyard.

Place Map

References

  1. Harriet Agnes Thompson [I0090]
  2. Robert Albert Jones [I0133]
  3. Family of Robert Albert Jones and Harriet Agnes Thompson
    1. Harriet Agnes Thompson [I0090]
    2. Robert Albert Jones [I0133]