Pandy Chapel, Llanuwchllyn, Merionethshire

Gramps ID P0366
Latitude 52.855214
Longitude -3.6685041
Church Parish Llanuwchllyn
County Merionethshire

Narrative

Coflein: Y Pandy Calvinistic Methodist Chapel was built in 1805 and enlarged in 1830. By 1995 it had been converted for residential use. In the graveyard is the memorial to O.M Edwards (1858-1920), the historian, educationalist and writer who was the first Chief Inspector of Schools for Wales.
The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales: Attendance - morning 136 scholars, afternoon 211, evening 158 Edward Edwards, Deacon, Llanuwchllyn Mill

 

 

Place Map

Source References

  1. Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales: Coflein [S0102]
      • Page: http://www.coflein.gov.uk/en/site/8535/details/y-pandy-chapel-calvinistic-methodist-llanuwchllyn

References

  1. Thomas Jones [I0034]
  2. Simon Jones (Lôn) [I0018]