This is all very well, but the only realistic strategy would involve paying immigrants for progress made rather than increasing subsidies to publishers, most of whom already seem to have quite big lunches. With the amount Maragall spends on entertainment you could bribe the whole population of Bangladesh to pass level C and still have enough over for small cup of coffee for the big man.
- Spanish & other languages in Google Print
Via today’s NYT. http://print.google.com accesses exactly the same content as http://print.google.es and delivers the occasional gem (the amount of material published
- Francis turbine, Montesquiu
A 1932 Francis turbine in rural Catalonia.
- The vehicle in the MOTs: what’s the author’s mother-tongue? Plus, wanted: Piaggio Ape 50 van
An ad for a Piaggio Ape coffee van conversion: Hello. I sell piaggio ape 50 cc 2001, in good condition equipped
- Are the Spanish media really obsessed with Israel?
John Chappell links to an old piece from the Stephen Roth Institute in Tel Aviv which claims among other things that
- Free call service called "Phony"
The Moroccan Report has a fine example of the increasing global use in advertising of Angloisms by and for those whose