Spike Jones and Pérez Prado suffering communication difficulties. Prado was famous for his grunts, but here his personal interpreter does the the talking.
- Anglo-Saxon spam and the Klingon 5th column
The studied use of archaicisms, vowel transposition and misspelled euphemism means that in spam a couple of hundred English proto-dialects are
- “El AVE cotiza al alza en el down jones de los transportes”
Francesc Peirón and his Vanguardia editors don’t know the name of the world’s most famous stock market index. “Down Jones” is
- The Jeanie is out of the bottle
[link] and no one can remember who stuffed her in there in the first place. That’s a different girl from Spike
- ¿Pero este a quién se ha follado?
Doing the rounds, and sent this way by Carlos Ferrero Martín. Comments on the post say the Spanish TV interpreter is
- In praise of monosyllabic grunts
From a review by Deborah Cameron of Guy Deutscher’s The Unfolding of Language: If the principle of least effort were all there