This is often a work issue–eg with stuff forwarded to attorneys by IT-challenged clients–but also arises when archives digitalise stuff which is way out of copyright but which they still protect from private fiddling around, whether because of a lack of sophistication in their systems or because of some mad bureaucrat stuck up in the attic. This works for me and also produces decent text dumps from bitmaps. Just don’t do anything illegal. Prison food is the first to suffer in a recession.
- Yet more plagiarism from Rafael Ramos of La Vanguardia
And his hot news is three years old. No more, please.
- Pickpocket, Saturday market / Carterista, mercado del sábado, Vilafranca del Penedès
español Vilafranca is a quiet country town, but the weekly market attracts an interesting range of pickpockets. Hopefully numbers will increase as
- Spanish vultures snacking in Holland
The crazy European regulation making it illegal to leave carcasses in the high mountains has led to reports of starving vultures
- Mel Gibson and the Irish mission
The otherwise excellent Margaret Marks has ruined a peaceful Saturday afternoon by pointing out that St Columba was, apart from the
- Blogger closed down my favourite copyright violation site!
Hasta luego Edgar León, but what’s the real solution?