The Calcutta Telegraph is generally acknowledged to be the Indian daily with the best Polish coverage, and so it is this evening, with a story about Polmos, a Zielona Góra vodka producer facing prosecution for handing out a free English course with each bottle. Said Renata Durda of the state Agency for Solving Alcohol Problems:
No, that’s not Polish: rumour has it that Renata was a bad woman and took advantage of the Estonian special offer last winter.
- What drunks think of morning and evening people
Venedikt Erofeev, Moscow-Petushki / Moscow to the End of the Line / Moscow Stations / Moscow Circles, translated by H. William
- Doris Lessing i el meu besavi
Amb els seus 21 anyitos i sense ser colonista ni cabró ni ningú especial el meu besavi anglès es va fer
- Ash cloud already in Asia, says the Spanish press
Malaprensa has from JMNoticias a stupendous English-Spanish cockup. Reuters put out a story in English explaining that the chaos caused in
- Google Translate output depends on your default browser language?
If your browser language is Polish, “Grób PaÅ„ski” translates into English as “tomb of the lord”, while if it’s English the
- In which the Catalan authorities ask me to do something in Spanish rather than English
Actually, I’d better not go into the details, but it’s all most curious. Until you recall that the vast majority of