Javier Celaya y Luis Sábat are reported by El País as saying its partly down to fear and ignorance of the internet. Being Spain, I can’t help wondering whether it’s not some obscure new money-laundering wheeze. (Via El Bibliómano)
- Fierro favoured slightly over hierro/yerro after vowel in early modern Spanish?
It sounds better.
- Jail for plagiarist, well not exactly
Publisher Javier Ruiz Portella has been given six months by a Barcelona court for stealing Francisco Rico’s edition of Carmina Burana.
- Would you be arrested in Spain if you called for the (re)introduction of the death penalty for corrupt politicians?
Not that I’d dream of doing any such thing.
- Augustine attacks Jerome’s Vulgate for diverging from traditional fucked translations
Here: A certain bishop, one of our brethren, having introduced in the church over which he presides the reading of your version,
- Why London property costs so much
And how not to fix it.