I didn’t realise I had that many tabs open, though the boat had been getting pretty slow. The instructions at Mozilla are good for less serious hoarders, but if they don’t work for your mammoth collection then it’s easy either to split your session into two (Hello, Diogenes!), or just to extract the URLs. The latter goes as follows:
- Don’t restart Firefox or you’ll lose the lot.
- Find your profile folder.
- Copy sessionstore.bak (which is probably around 500kB by now) to somewhere else.
- Open the copied file with Notepad++, a brilliant open source code editor.
- Open Replace (Ctrl+H).
- Select Regular Expression (bottom left).
\r\n". The lines you don’t want now start with
Mark‘s got more on using regular expressions with Notepad++.
- Get rid of the single opening bracket at the beginning of the file.
- Throw away the crap, file the rest, and promise to be more responsible in the future, or may your preferred deity smite you down and run off with your savings.
- MuseScore: open source notation software
I’ve got an old Sibelius CD down in the warehouse, but I couldn’t be ar*ed to find and fetch, and it
- Google Docs new editor rant
Latest Google ruse to get you to abandon the old, superior Docs editor: “Would you like to see this document in
- Ngram: afternoon nap vs siesta
Rather weary yesterday PM after a morning’s rabbit-hunting, so bumbled through Evelyn Waugh’s brilliant Decline and fall and Vile bodies, which
Why’s there no Spanish expression for silly season / big gooseberry time / komkommertijd (nl: cucumber time) / Sauregurkenzeit (de: gherkin
- How to get on spammers’ lists for ever
And make Kalebeul’s fortune in the process.
Don’t know if it applies to restore, but Opera generally handles big loads of tabs way, way better than Mozilla.
…Or just switch to Chrome.
Got 100 in Chrome, too.