The match was all about soft power, of which I can’t find a history. I mean, it’s not like it started with Joe Nye in 1990. Any suggestions?
(You know I’m thinking about the good generally done to the international image of the Savoy/Italy by the spread across Europe of organ grinders and puppeteers in the second half of the C18th and the first half of the C19th.)
- So where does Silvio Berlusconi stand on organ-grinders?
Unfortunately Alan Friedman’s excellent authorised bio, My Way, leaves us none the wiser.
- The Eastern European & Balkan press, even less interested in Brexit than everyone else
- Just because something isn’t forbidden doesn’t necessarily mean you have a right to it: Catalan UDI and international law redux
Something that’s been bothering me for a while: Every time a Brussels spokespoisson pops up and says that secession will leave
- Magnificent French orgue de barbarie entertainer
He’s got a false arm, he’s a spoons virtuoso, he’s got a good hat, his monkey plays the violin. In short,
- The secret life of organ-grinders
Speculation in French revolutionary fiduciary currency, the murder of the great British ballad-singer, & a revised date (1802) for the start