Elderly Catalan sisters (?), overheard at the CaixaForum exhibition of Cultural Revolution photos by Li Zhensheng:
– It’s dreadful that they made educated people work in the fields like that, building ditches and threshing grain.
– There’s an Englishman living near us. He used to be a professor, but now he just grows vegetables and chickens.
– Les anglais sont fous.
- Tagline error in early Indian Chaplin film poster
I think the laugh/laughter thing is probably quite a hard mistake for non-natives to spot. I am consciously aware of about
- Green / degreening
Fernando Navarro suggests that both I and Joseph Townsend are wrong. The Spanish word for executioner, verdugo, he says, was applied
- I’m still convinced my “Yes” bet’s going to come off
But by a few thousand votes, rather than the 5-10% I expected last week. Most people will blame it on tears
- Silent, redundant H
Where to put it and why.
- Al Arabiya readers on the Birmingham double killing
A variety of views on the dreadful fate of the Larbi-Cherif sisters: Bad things happen to slags. It is an anti-Muslim