The celebrated composer is being softened up in absolutely beastly fashion down at the excellent El casareño inglés‘s local. Long after the Chinese have learnt the OED by heart, Spanish bar proprietors will continue to torment the harmless drinker.
- Unnacompanied into the woods?
The other day someone gave me the (impeccable) English translation of Gabriel Tortella’s classic El desarrollo de la España contemporánea. Historia
- Libertarian literary translation question
A reader writes: I have found an excellent novel in Spanish by a long-dead author who is still just in copyright.
- La riqueza de nuestro léxico. Wait a minute.
Héctor G. Barnés has entered the fight against the barbarian invaders, estas palabras que por desidia o contaminación utilizamos en inglés
- A revolutionary Balkan gypsy begging flyer
The gypsy beggars and backing-track musos who work the Barcelona local train service systematically and efficiently are an example to Spanish
- Fucked translation, the consequence of a strategic choice by the Spanish authorities?
My man in the education department of the Generalitat de Catalunya this lengthy lunchtime: “Why the fuck would we teach them