It is not generally known that Hollande and Sarkozy are in fact Wagner’s Nibelung midgets, Alberich and Mime, with Merkel as Siegfried. It’s not hard to imagine why our phenomenally ineffective leader might want to stand next to the latest French disaster movie.
- Sausage sourcing as an index of international cultural and political orientation
The cases of Spain and Holland.
- Mysterious Zaragoza nights
Between-wars texts about Zaragoza by Germans who appear never to have visited the place.
- Barcelona’s greatest Dutch pop star
Siegfried Anton den Boer/Siegfried Andre Den Boer Kramer/Anthony van den Boer/Tony Ronald/Tonny Ronald etc, born Arnhem 1941/1943/1944, permanently resident in Barcelona
- Mind over mutter: Céline on the challenges of speech production
Other doctor-novelists; why musicians can’t write.
- 56K pre-1600 ghits for inauthor:”Desiderius Erasmus” on Google Books
That’s a pretty big WTF.