Apparently Catalonia Last Week has reprinted the Times’ 1931 story of the Catalan Duce‘s separatist coup. It beats me how anyone can look back on the Second Republic with anything but igry, but I have never been particularly fashion-conscious.
- Je suis torero et catalan
“I am a bullfighter and a Catalan,” said Mario Cabré, “which is equivalent to being a bullfighter two times over.”
- Barcelona independence referendum?
- Why Spain must win tonight
The geopolitical consequences of a German victory don’t bear thinking about.
- Depressing failed online book purchase
16/9: I purchase El último pirata del Mediterraneo from this gent on Abebooks for 17 quid, shipping speed 3-7 business days. 20/9:
- Napoleon II’s Pulcinella toy & the Empire’s collapse
A tragic gallery dealing with 1832: contemporary/posterior mise-en-scène? Plus images of Napoleon as Polichinelle.