Why Javier Cercas’ pseudo-authentic Anatomía de un instante so appalled me, and El Follonero’s 23-F mockumentary Operación Palace struck me as brilliant. I’d have liked some Austen zombies, but I suppose their moment has passed.
(Of cats and hares. I gave up Galdós’ inventions of nation ages ago, but enjoyed them at the time, rather as I did those Edwardian imperial schoolbooks discovered as a child.)
- TheReader.es: the make, mannequin and year of registration of the automobile
At least when the Guardian rips off Spanish publications it doesn’t rely on MT for the end result. I don’t think
- Mi venga la muerte de Spagna
Yesterday I received a letter from Holland whose relevance was diminished somewhat by its having been stored for four weeks en
- How many penguins can you fit in the Generalitat de Cataloonia’s London embassy?
The Emperor Wu says that small office space is fetching around €650/mÂ² pa on Fleet Street at the moment, so €37,200
- Is Javier Cercas a necromancer?
How else to explain his repeated use of the motif “políticamente * y personalmente roto” in Anatomía de un instante?
- Cruel and unusual punishment, Derbyshire mining edition
Plus Walthamstow in German, & Christopher and Michael Ondaatje in lalaland.