If you want to save a beefmobile from a horrible death, the best way is to keep bullrings open. These are the numbers:
- According to The Scotsman (which knows about these things), 100 bulls are killed annually in the Monumental ring in Barcelona.
- Bullrings which get closed invariably become shopping malls.
- A shopping mall the size of a bullring always contains at least two beef restaurants/fastfooderies.
- Sam Ross, former manager of King’s Drive In, a Lincoln, Neb, says his business was selling 300 burgers a day, but I believe the figure for a run of the mill McDonald’s to be 500-700.
- Cecil Adams guesses that the average burger weighs 3oz, which means that an average restaurant might be selling in the region of 100lb of beef a day, which is what you get out of an average cow. Multiply that by two for the number of fastfooderies in the mall and by 350 for days in the year…
- … and you come to the conclusion that the average ex-bullring shopping mall may be accounting for somewhere in the region of 700 cows annually. That’s seven times as many as a bullring.
Since the real estate business and big evil multinationals are normally quite happy to throw money at people on their side, it only seems fair to ask the question: has the anti-taurine lobby received donations from property developers and/or burger companies?
The Louse reports this morning that NYC restaurants are installing DJs in order to attract the better class of chunderer. Quote:
- Columbus was a proto-Judenstaatler, says someone
But a joke I have just cobbled together suggests otherwise.
- El meu germà no pot mirar un ou
Brian O’Nolan (“Flann O’Brien”/”Myles na Gopaleen”, *Tyrone, 1911, ï¿½Dublin, 1966) va ser un dels escriptors irlandesos més llegits del segle XX.
- Slavery and the Nigerian horse scam
Franco Alemán at Barcepundit quotes Susan Llewelyn Leach, a Christian Science Monitor hack, who writes that: Slaves are cheap these days. Their
- Shop terms and conditions
Tell me before ordering if you would like more photos/details of an item. Get in touch before ordering if you want a