A smart Punjabi couple in a Poble Sec, Barcelona internet/telephony shop are busy laying the finishing touches to a Corel Draw template in order to start producing Punjab Police good conduct certificates for their customers for the purposes of the Spanish government’s ongoing immigrant legalisation programme:
– Rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb sans-serif rhubarb serif?
– Rhubarb sans-serif rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb. Rhubarb sans-serif rhubarb Punjab Police rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb. Rhubarb Rajasthan Police rhubarb rhubarb serif!
– Ha ha ha!
– Rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb font rhubarb. Rhubarb rhubarb font size rhubarb spacing rhubarb Barcelona police rhubarb!
– Rhubarb rhubarb font?
– Gill Sans. Rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb website.
They seemed to be completely unfazed about doing this in public, which might worry someone, somewhere, although possibly not the Rajasthan Police.
(I don’t make any of this up. Spain is a very strange country, and I sometimes feel that the more I understand, the less I understand.)
- “Spain is full of drunks and drug addicts who don’t want to work”
I was talking last night to a Bangladeshi who worked for a few years as an illegal in London, was deported,
- The other Blair
Re the unreliability of the Spanish press’s foreign coverage: a big profile in La Retaguardia this morning identifies Ian Blair as
- Lorna’s Shorts
Lorna’s Shorts is a feed consisting of English summaries of Barcelona news which you can use for free on your website.
- It’s official: immigrants are darkies
Apparently immigrants are being denied access to virtually all night bars in Barcelona’s popular Raval district. I’m an immigrant, and I’ve
- Dr No