Jordi’s got a post about the excellent (sez me, not he) work being done by the Community of Madrid (the regional authority) to foment bilingualism in Latin America in order to improve the chances of the poor. Any chance of some finance for Spanish-language education in Catalonia, if the Generalitat won’t oblige?
- The exonymy wars: Generalidad de Cataluña and Comunitat de Madrid on Wikipedia
I was amused to note that there are massive flames on the Spanish Wikipedia re the (political) rectitude of using the
- Fucked translation, the consequence of a strategic choice by the Spanish authorities?
My man in the education department of the Generalitat de Catalunya this lengthy lunchtime: “Why the fuck would we teach them
- Sick of people moaning about 1714?
It’s worse in Perpignan, where they’re still going on about 1659. [ I hope you all know that Ceuta and Melilla are
- Shock horror! Madrid employs native speakers to kick-start bilingual education programme!
I’ve met quite a lot of English teachers in Spain, but of the native speakers I only know a couple who
- How regional language policy in Spain is pissing off foreign investors
Here’s most of the second half of an article dealing with the Air Berlin affair in the Süddeutsche Zeitung, a MOR