Snapped by SG on a lovely clear day last week on a variation of this Barcelona city walk. The birds belong to three tired-looking gents who one would have said were hippophiles pertaining to the kingdom of Dionysus, so we didn’t enquire as to the whys and wherefores.
Birds are often painted for ceremonial or magical purposes. For example,
- 1,500 painted pigeons were released when Perón met Dutra to swap diamonds and chitchat in 1947.
- Red and yellow pigeons helped Victory obliterate Valencia in the final of the 2002 Maldives National Tournament.
- John Huston and Shelley Winters starred in a Ovidio Assonitis flick, which has John Huston as an extra-terrestrial pretending to be a Polish tourist who can’t pronounce his own name and who grows bald men in a box, and which ends with a battle between hawks and
dovespigeons painted white. Franco Nero is Jesus Christ, both here and elsewhere.
Error: the communication with Picasa Web Albums didn’t go as expected. Here’s what Picasa Web Albums said:
The requested URL
/data/feed/api/user/111257672258796628424/album/PalomasPintadasALaEspanolaYAndaluzaTorreDelGuinardo?kind=photo was not found on this server.
- FollowTheBaldie.com review
I’m terrible at collecting testimonials, but here, with permission, is an extract from a thoughtful longer piece by a Chicago woman
- Spanish airport traffic trends
Variation in air traffic numbers throws interesting light on Spain’s problems as it plunges into recession.
- In praise of oranges
A First World War letter from a Palestinian orange grove, an orange (lower case) song, and this winter’s favourite orange cake
- Brown hands Mandelson Keys of Heaven
But perhaps Mandy should read Matthew before taking it as a compliment.
- the yettis of hell
Sorry, but anyone tell me whether the following William Dunbar quote refers to the long battle by Dorset priests to rid