– Here’s your birthday present, me dear, says a mother.
Daughter unwraps, and discovers a monstrous dildo.
– But mum, what’s this?! I’m only 13!
– Pero cariño, me dijiste que querías un palo pa’ ser felis!
– Mamá, un palo pa’ haser selfis!
Paseo de San Juan, Barcelona, a young woman sitting on a bench with her bull terrier standing on the ground next to her. She has her hand under its belly and is shaking away, and one assumes that the dog is elderly, and that she is helping it with a urinary follow-up jiggle. But no, and she’s still at it when one moves on, three minutes later. Heart-warming symbiosis: perhaps the best option for lonely young men is to buy a dog costume off Amazon.
- When did you born? Birth, agency and Whorfian politicology
Wine-buff Víctor de la Serna (via Carlos Ferrero) has nailed Domecq Bodegas for an amusing slip on the otherwise impeccable site, “When did you born?” I haven’t really looked for literary or scientific evidence, and I’m pretty ignorant of non-me dialectal forms, but I’d hazard that this form is actually quite common among some groups of …
- Nunca digas nunca Hamas
A pun on Never say never again on Gracia’s only SWP bodega (one of the proprietors claims to have known Yigael Gluckstein) may be suggesting that may be no imminent solution to the problem of bearded nutters rocketing their neighbours and then moaning about the response.
In other graffiti today, the anarchist nutters in the lovely little …
- Transvestite barrel organ dancers in 1930s Whitechapel and the 1860s London West End
With acrobats, clowns, and Doris and Thisbe, goddesses of wind.
- Sex and the internet in Spanish
Here’s a curious little corpse-worm:
Curious for me, because I thought that the arrival in Hispanidad of services provided over TCP/IP and HTTP was divisible into three sociolinguistic phases:
- Tech nerds tend to assign masculine gender to this weird new shit, more or less as per Regina Morin, Spanish gender assignment in computer and Internet